Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ozempic, please tell me your experience!!
Previous  1  2

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:06 pm
Ozempic and TRULICITY are basically the same type of medication.

They are taken to lower your A1C in Type 2 Diabetes.

It also lowers your risk of heart attack and stroke.

It also diminishes your appetite but that's NOT what it is intended for.

I actually joined a gym and do weight training 3 mornings a week and work with a nutritionist.

I'm on trulicity for type 2 diabetes. What I found is I can do intermittent fasting and fast 20-23 hours a day 5-6 days a week.

I drink coffee with half and half, tea and water and eat a good healthy dinner.

Im down two sizes since the end of June.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:25 pm
can you nurse on ozempic?

dveikus

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone used ozempic and had positive experience??
I desperately need to lose a lot of weight

A new medication came out after Ozempic that is supposed to be more effective. It is called Mounjaro.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:27 pm
I tried it about a year ago but my diarrhea and nausea were unbearable for the 3 weeks I was on it.
I stopped at the time. Now I'm willing to retry because I am feeling more desperate but my insurance won't cover it without a Type 2 diabetes diagnosis. I'm 'only' prediabetic.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:31 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
Ozempic and TRULICITY are basically the same type of medication.

They are taken to lower your A1C in Type 2 Diabetes.

It also lowers your risk of heart attack and stroke.

It also diminishes your appetite but that's NOT what it is intended for.

I actually joined a gym and do weight training 3 mornings a week and work with a nutritionist.

I'm on trulicity for type 2 diabetes. What I found is I can do intermittent fasting and fast 20-23 hours a day 5-6 days a week.

I drink coffee with half and half, tea and water and eat a good healthy dinner.

Im down two sizes since the end of June.

Ozempic has better weight loss properties than Trulicity, though Mounjaro is now available and has is superior to both (and has a much more favorable adverse effect profile). In any event there is a huge shortage of Ozempic now so will be hard to find a provider willing to start you on it now

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 7:48 pm
Im on ozempic for about 6 weeks now. For diabetes. I've lost about 20lbs so far. Side affects for me have been crazy itchiness in areas you cant scratch in public! The itchiness came with a rash in some places and nothing in other ones. I've also had some nausea and don't like the effect. Along with the ozempic I am on a diet that I hope to maintain for the long haul. (DH is not on ozempic, but is on the same diet has lost over 12 lbs.

If it wasn't for the diabetes, I would stop the ozempic.

amother
Jean

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 7:49 pm
amother Jean wrote:

bump

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 7:52 pm
amother Jean wrote:

My dr says no

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:16 am
Thanks so much for the info from whoever posted!
I'd love to hear from more people so I can get a better idea of how it works/it's success etc....

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:05 am
My endocrinologist says that it is a lifetime thing. He has over 450 patients who use it and only 3 managed to get off it and keep the weight off. It mostly only really works on people who have some kind of sugar issue and you cannot use it when ttc or nursing.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:44 am
Don't forget to use the coupon: https://www.ozempic.com/saving......html

My husband's been on it for over a year for diabetes and still deals with the infamous "ozempic burps" 🤢

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 6:10 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
My endocrinologist says that it is a lifetime thing. He has over 450 patients who use it and only 3 managed to get off it and keep the weight off. It mostly only really works on people who have some kind of sugar issue and you cannot use it when ttc or nursing.

What does that mean? Just going off it throw everything off and makes one gain back? Or do most people taking it go back to their previous habits and gain back?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 12:52 pm
Another side effect I have is nausea when I try to brush my teeth. I'm gagging like crazy and have to brush fast and get it over with otherwise I'm gonna throwup!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 3:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
What does that mean? Just going off it throw everything off and makes one gain back? Or do most people taking it go back to their previous habits and gain back?

My doctor also doesn't want to prescribe it to me because she says everyone gains it back when they stop taking it.

Obesity is a disease. Ozempic treats the way sugar is metabolized, thus providing some relief from the disease. Appetite is dulled. Weight loss occurs. But when one stops taking it, sugar goes back to being metabolized the wrong way. Appetite increases. Fat gets stored again.

The things that made the person obese before the ozempic are still there. So if the ozempic goes away, the body goes back to storing fat.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:26 am
amother Amber wrote:
My doctor also doesn't want to prescribe it to me because she says everyone gains it back when they stop taking it.

Obesity is a disease. Ozempic treats the way sugar is metabolized, thus providing some relief from the disease. Appetite is dulled. Weight loss occurs. But when one stops taking it, sugar goes back to being metabolized the wrong way. Appetite increases. Fat gets stored again.

The things that made the person obese before the ozempic are still there. So if the ozempic goes away, the body goes back to storing fat.

Here’s what I don’t get: supposedly around 95% of dieters-on any diet-regain the weight they lose but I’ve yet to hear anyone discourage people from dieting because overwhelming chances are they’ll just regain all their weight. Why is this any different? It’s been many years of bH for the most part successfully keeping off around 100 pounds I lost (I am and have been at a healthy weight for the past 15 years) but I truly believe my tendency towards obesity is a lifelong, genetic, chronic condition that I will always have to manage. I’m grateful to have whatever tools I have at my disposal to manage it (ozempic is one of them).

I’m also curious, given what you wrote about obesity being a disease (which I tend to agree with), what you or your doctor recommends as treatment?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise