Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Cutlets in 300° oven?

mashcsch

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 1:45 am
Some of my kids don't like meat or chicken on the bone. Shul isn't so close to where I live. Can I make some sort of Cutlets recipe in a 300° oven?
I will also have a low flame on, not high enough for frying. Is there a quick recipe I can make on the stove top?

SG18

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 1:57 am
You can make in advance and heat up day of.

mashcsch

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 5:19 am
If a recipe calls to bake it at 400 for 20 minutes can I still make it fresh somehow

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 5:23 am
Would probably take at least double the time but since that’s not how we usually do it why don’t you experiment one night this week?
Or make schnitzel before and heat it up.
You can also make deli rolls for the kids.. I do that often

oneofakind

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:14 am
Some foods really need quick cooking on high heat. I'd be afraid that they'll turn hard and dry on 300. I'd bake before and reheat.

Java

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:25 am
On the stovetop you can do some kind of stir fry if your kids will eat that

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:54 am
mashcsch wrote:
Some of my kids don't like meat or chicken on the bone. Shul isn't so close to where I live. Can I make some sort of Cutlets recipe in a 300° oven?
I will also have a low flame on, not high enough for frying. Is there a quick recipe I can make on the stove top?

You can definitely make them in the oven at 300. Will take 60 minutes (less if they've been sliced thin/pounded thin). Don't overcook.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:57 am
I am confused by what you are trying to accomplish.

You can braise boneless cuts of beef or dark chicken meat without bones and there are many recipes.

In my experience white meat chicken tends to get very dry if cooked for a long period of time as it is best sauteed quickly.

But there are loads of recipes for boneless beef and boneless chicken thighs depending on what your family likes in terms of "taste"

FWIW if you cook a whole chicken in the crockpot it collapses and so the meat literally falls off the bones so you could just serve your children the chicken meat and they wouldn't have to deal with bones.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:05 am
You can make sesame chicken in advance with cut up chicken cutlets.
That usually heats up well because of the sauce.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:08 am
I see crockpot recipes all the time that use chicken cutlets. Like this https://www.themagicalslowcook.....eans/

You can definitly do this in your oven too.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:10 am
Amarante wrote:
I am confused by what you are trying to accomplish.

You can braise boneless cuts of beef or dark chicken meat without bones and there are many recipes.

In my experience white meat chicken tends to get very dry if cooked for a long period of time as it is best sauteed quickly.

But there are loads of recipes for boneless beef and boneless chicken thighs depending on what your family likes in terms of "taste"

FWIW if you cook a whole chicken in the crockpot it collapses and so the meat literally falls off the bones so you could just serve your children the chicken meat and they wouldn't have to deal with bones.

It sounds like her family only likes freshly cooked chicken breasts and she'll be having her oven on all yom tov at 300 degrees, so she'd like to figure out how to cook at that temperature.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:18 am
This is always a hit and the recipe is designed to be cooked at 325 for a hour so I would think you can do 300 for 1 hour 15? https://damndelicious.net/2014.....cken/

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:29 am
ra_mom wrote:
It sounds like her family only likes freshly cooked chicken breasts and she'll be having her oven on all yom tov at 300 degrees, so she'd like to figure out how to cook at that temperature.

What confused me was mentioning meat in the original question.

But in general boneless chicken thighs (dark meats) are better suited for long periods of cooking and reheating. Even when there is a sauce for a white meat (chicken breast) the actual quality of the chicken is dry and just masked to some extent because there is a sauce.

mashcsch

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:30 am
I mentioned meat because I know roasts would be the easiest! Lol!
Thanks all for these suggestions!!

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:38 am
This is a recipe that everyone loves and I have been making for years. I make it with boneless chicken thighs. It freezes well and leftovers are delicious.

Originally recipe was clipped from Cooking Light and it’s a very healthy recipe too.

Smothered Chicken and Barley

1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon dried mint flakes
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
6 (4-ounce) chicken thighs — skinned (I use boneless)
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
3 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth
1 1/4 cups uncooked pearl barley, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes — drained
6 tablespoons chopped green onions

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, and rub chicken with half of spice mixture.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 1 minute on each side or until chicken is browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet.

Recoat skillet with cooking spray; add chopped onion, bell pepper, and soy sauce. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned. Add broth, barley, tomatoes, and remaining spice mixture, and stir well. Add chicken to skillet, nestling into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 55 minutes or until chicken is done. Let stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics