Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where can I buy B&D Grape Sugar?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 3:43 pm
There's an Israeli product for babies called grape sugar. I used to buy it at Holon on Kings Highway, but they said they're out of it and don't know when or if they're getting more.

Does anyone know of another place anywhere in Brooklyn that sells it? Holon had a brand called B&D, but another brand would also be fine.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:25 am
Bump - anyone?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:
There's an Israeli product for babies called grape sugar. I used to buy it at Holon on Kings Highway, but they said they're out of it and don't know when or if they're getting more.

Does anyone know of another place anywhere in Brooklyn that sells it? Holon had a brand called B&D, but another brand would also be fine.

How about calling a health store?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:41 am
Try Googling: I found at least two stores that have it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:53 am
Thanks for the suggestions. I have Googled it. The sites that come up (Glatt Kosher Store and Israeli Kosher) are just fronts for Holon in Flatbush, as you can see that they all have the same phone #. I have always bought it from Holon, but even though the sites claim it's in stock, the man at the store said that they're out and don't know if or when they're getting more.

I don't think of grape sugar for babies as a health food, so I'm not sure why health stores would carry it, but if someone knows of one that might, please let me know and I'll be happy to call.

Any other leads would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:26 pm
Can I ask what it is and what you use it for? When I googled it said it was dextrose from corn. I could be mistaken.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:42 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Can I ask what it is and what you use it for? When I googled it said it was dextrose from corn. I could be mistaken.

Many years ago I was a very bad faster. Then DH saw a sign posted in a shul or yeshiva that recommended drinking a few cups of grape sugar for babies dissolved in water before a taanis, and ever since then, I've had no problems at all.

With our previous supply finished for Tisha B'Av and with Tzom Gedalia and especially YK coming up, I went to Holon to buy more as I've done for years, but they told me they're out of it and don't know when they'll get more.

I was hoping that there's another grocery store that carries it that someone is aware of and can help me find.

I know I could just eat grapes instead, and I don't know how much is physical and how much is psychological, but this has worked for me for years and I'd love to be able to get more especially for YK. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:43 pm
If you cant find it, I have had a lot of success with coconut water before fasts. If you want to try something different.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Many years ago I was a very bad faster. Then DH saw a sign posted in a shul or yeshiva that recommended drinking a few cups of grape sugar for babies dissolved in water before a taanis, and ever since then, I've had no problems at all.

With our previous supply finished for Tisha B'Av and with Tzom Gedalia and especially YK coming up, I went to Holon to buy more as I've done for years, but they told me they're out of it and don't know when they'll get more.

I was hoping that there's another grocery store that carries it that someone is aware of and can help me find.

I know I could just eat grapes instead, and I don't know how much is physical and how much is psychological, but this has worked for me for years and I'd love to be able to get more especially for YK. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you could just drink a couple of cups of grape juice instead. I have found that hydrating before a fast with sports drinks (gatorade, powerade, vitamin water etc) has done me wonders.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:38 pm
amother OP wrote:

My dh had a friend in Israel that was a very bad faster and he was also told to take grape sugar and it helped him a lot.
So I don’t think you’re crazy for wanting it.
I just never heard of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries