Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Updated recommendations on baby swing pls!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 6:38 pm
I've been looking through the old threads for recommendations on baby swings, but I'd love updated info on what people are happy with . I like the idea of the one that can convert to a portable rocker. Anyone have that and happy with it? Or any other recommendations? Thanks 😊

fiji

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 6:44 pm
Yes! I recommend the graco simple sway. One model is also a rocker. I had the mamaroo and it was terrible. It didn’t work well and my baby don’ didn’t like it. I tried the graco swing as someone’s house, saw how much my baby liked it, bought it right away and am so so happy that I did!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 8:56 pm
I am extremely happy with the graco soothe n sway
Highly recommend it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:20 am
Thanks! Anyone else?

I'm actually getting it as a gift and mamaroo is within the budget. But I see a lot of negative reviews on this site, I guess it's not worth it?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:51 am
I used the baby bjorn bouncer I loved it. It’s very small and portable, reacts to babies movement, great positioning, no batteries. My baby was always happy in it At about 5 months the baby learned how to bounce himself.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Anyone else?

I'm actually getting it as a gift and mamaroo is within the budget. But I see a lot of negative reviews on this site, I guess it's not worth it?

I bought a mamaroo a few months ago when I had my fourth. My sister in law and friend both loved it for their babies. It didn’t work for us. My baby hated it.

For my other three I had the fisher price snugapuppy. They all loved it!

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:42 am
Baby bjorn bouncer

Love it

Got to rock it, eventually baby learns to kick in it and that’s even more fun

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:49 am
Based on recommendations here, I bought the Fisher Price Snugapuppy- well, actually the Snugabunny because it was significantly cheaper and seems to be the same. Baby loves it.

mfb

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:50 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
I bought a mamaroo a few months ago when I had my fourth. My sister in law and friend both loved it for their babies. It didn’t work for us. My baby hated it.

I also loved the the fisher price one.
But it’s not a bouncer only a swing.
It swings side to side and my baby then loved it.

mizle10

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:27 am
Babies generally do not like the mamaroo. It's a very stiff movement, it doesn't sway. I've had the snugabunny which my babies did love but I hated how it looked.

Last baby switched to the nuna leaf with the attachment that makes it swing by itself. From the way it moves I would assume the babies would like it but I had a super fussy baby with major stomach issues and nothing calmed her down so I don't really know. Having another baby soon IMYH and I'm excited to take it out again!

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:08 pm
I have more then a handful of kids bh and I never owned a baby swing.

I do have a rock and play from one of my kids, yes, I know it was recalled but I still use it and my babies loved it.

Is a swing necessary?
Should I get one?
Also have a doona that I keep the baby in..
Due iyh with the next baby soon..

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:18 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:

You could be me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics