Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Touring Israel

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 1:58 am
I am planning to be sukkot in Israel, we are trying to put together a plan to cover alot of places.

Can anyone help out a first time tourist? What are the ‘’must go places”, “spiritual places”, “fun places”.

Thanks all!

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 2:11 am
Just warning that many attractions are fully booked for sukkos at this point

How long are you staying?
What are the ages of your family?

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 2:15 am
Who is "we?" Are family with little kids? An extended family with grandparents in tow? Just you and DH?

Where will you be staying?

Cookies n Cake

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 2:45 am
https://trippinginisrael.co
This is a great site with trip ideas.

Tourists usually go to Jerusalem(Kotel, Kotel Tunnel Tour), Kever Rochel, Ein Gedi/Masada, Dead Sea, Meron, Tzfat.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 8:49 pm
[quote="Cookies n Cake"]https://trippinginisrael.co

Tourists usually go to Jerusalem(Kotel, Kotel Tunnel Tour), Kever Rochel, Ein Gedi/Masada, Dead Sea, Meron, Tzfat.[/quote

Thanks. Your response was very helpful.

I am going with a family of kids ageing 2-17.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 12:07 am
[quote="amother OP"]
Cookies n Cake wrote:

Tourists usually go to Jerusalem(Kotel, Kotel Tunnel Tour), Kever Rochel, Ein Gedi/Masada, Dead Sea, Meron, Tzfat.[/quote

Thanks. Your response was very helpful.

I am going with a family of kids ageing 2-17.

I'll give you my slanted preferences of places that will be crowded but not "booked", and cheaper places:

Western Wall, Jerusalem. Then since you're in Jerusalrm anyway: Jetusalem Biblical Zoo, Gan Saccer (free outdoor playground/park), maybe Children's Science Museum but it could be booked, and stop by the Mifletzet (free outdoor slide) if you are driving (if taking public transportation, don't bother, but it's on the way to/from the Zoo).

Park HaYarkon (Tel Aviv) : Huuuuuuuge outdoor park with a lot of free playground equipment and also for-rent activities like rental bikes, boats, climbing wall. Walking distance from the Tel Aviv pier so you might as well go there. If you don't plan on going to any other Medittereanean beaches, might as well go to the beach at Tel Aviv. They have a seperate beach, but obviously only part of the family could go...

Dead Sea is a must if you do mixed swimming. They probably have a separate beach but I havent heard of it myself (I do mixed).

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 12:26 am
amother Mauve wrote:
I'll give you my slanted preferences of places that will be crowded but not "booked", and cheaper places:

Western Wall, Jerusalem. Then since you're in Jerusalrm anyway: Jetusalem Biblical Zoo, Gan Saccer (free outdoor playground/park), maybe Children's Science Museum but it could be booked, and stop by the Mifletzet (free outdoor slide) if you are driving (if taking public transportation, don't bother, but it's on the way to/from the Zoo).

Park HaYarkon (Tel Aviv) : Huuuuuuuge outdoor park with a lot of free playground equipment and also for-rent activities like rental bikes, boats, climbing wall. Walking distance from the Tel Aviv pier so you might as well go there. If you don't plan on going to any other Medittereanean beaches, might as well go to the beach at Tel Aviv. They have a seperate beach, but obviously only part of the family could go...

Dead Sea is a must if you do mixed swimming. They probably have a separate beach but I havent heard of it myself (I do mixed).

Many of these are fun vacation ideas but not "eretz yisroel" if you see what I mean.

Do the old city properly, Kotel, walking on the wall, Kotel tunnels, Churva, 3D binoculars. The shuk is mind-boggling. There's a museum of the Beis hamikdash.
Dead sea, there is a separate beach open all the time, one side for men, one for women. Ein Gedi is the same trip.
Go up north - you could find a tour or just do it yourself. Teverya - the Kineret, Kever of R Meir Baal Hanes, Hot springs, Meron. Tzfat.
You could go jeeping in Midbar Yehuda if you like to see the desert.
Climb masada.
Go to the beach in Haifa and on the cable cars.
There's a place called neot kedumim which has all sorts of interesting stuff like different types of Sukkot, an oil press, water wheel etc.
Kever Rachel.
I don't know how long you're hear for but that's likely more than enough.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 1:55 am
Thanks Iris! Your post was very helpful!

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:25 am
Cookies n Cake wrote:

Tourists usually go to Jerusalem(Kotel, Kotel Tunnel Tour), Kever Rochel, Ein Gedi/Masada, Dead Sea, Meron, Tzfat.

What a great site! Thanks for posting x

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:34 am
Ancient Shiloh is also great. Definitely go for Sukkot!

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:53 am
Re: Neot Kedumim:

This is a great place! Sometimes admission is free during Chol HaMoed, which is nice, but it also means it can get quite crowded. If you will be around for a few extra days, it might be worthwhile saving this for a non-Chol HaMoed day.

Cookies n Cake

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 7:23 am
DrMom wrote:
Re: Neot Kedumim:

This is a great place! Sometimes admission is free during Chol HaMoed, which is nice, but it also means it can get quite crowded. If you will be around for a few extra days, it might be worthwhile saving this for a non-Chol HaMoed day.

I went there several years ago on Chol Hamoed and it wasn't so crowded. They have a cool sukkah exhibit which I highly recommend!

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 1:19 am
amother Iris wrote:

Do the old city properly, Kotel, walking on the wall, Kotel tunnels, Churva, 3D binoculars. The shuk is mind-boggling. There's a museum of the Beis hamikdash.

Does anyone have info on these?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions