Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
I have changed since my younger years. Just a thought.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 11:00 am
When I first married I was extremely organized. House was neat. Dinners were prepared. Shabbat was done by Friday noon. BH' children came. Meals, school, homework, outings. Now the house is slowly emptying and I don't feel like cooking, cleaning, sweeping, organizing. I had been a SAHM and I loved it. It wasn't easy, but I wanted to be with my kids. Now I have other hobby's, and work and learning that I do, and I need to push myself to do housework that for 25 years I did no problem. I can see that I have changed.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 11:36 am
Can totally relate.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 7:37 am
I'm young and I have to push so hard to get anything done. All housework, it's an uphill battle for even the smallest things. And I really don't like messes or clutter, it feels good when I've gotten the place all cleaned up, but it's so hard to get myself to do. (And it's just 2 adults and a toddler right now! embarrassed )

kiti

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 7:55 am
Perhaps you're feeling burnout from having a similar routine? 25 years definitely is a long enough time to feel that you've changed! Very Happy

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:37 am
Can you get more cleaning help?

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 9:22 am
It’s normal and exiting. It’s time for a change. Go out and earn the money or educate to earn money and get help for cleaning and cooking. You don’t need to be home for the children anymore

elisheva25

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 10:38 am
You sound burned out .
You need a change

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:08 pm
Totally normal. After 25 years, who wouldn't be tired of the housekeeping routine? And maybe, just maybe, you've grown in such a way that your sense of self-worth is no longer tied up with the state of your housekeeping but is based on other accomplishments. This is a good thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics