Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
House swap Yerushalayim/Monsey Sukkos

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 4:07 pm
Looking to swap a house in Monsey for apartment in Yerushalayim for sukkos. Willing to pay a bit. Please post leads. TIA
(Asking for a friend.)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 8:13 am
Bump

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 9:16 am
Its not so clear: You have the house in Monsey or Israel?

salt

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:59 am
Hope you find something. But it is quite late on in the game.
I can't see an Israeli family picking up and leaving from Israel for Monsey with 2 weeks notice.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:10 am
amother Lavender wrote:
Its not so clear: You have the house in Monsey or Israel?

My friend wants to go to Israel for sukkos but can't afford to pay for an apartment so they're looking to house swap with someone coming to NY for sukkos.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:37 am
salt wrote:
Hope you find something. But it is quite late on in the game.
I can't see an Israeli family picking up and leaving from Israel for Monsey with 2 weeks notice.

OP, people make plans for Succot in Nissan already. And no, it is not too early to do that. Especially people on a tight budget. Especially for peak season.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:11 am
So your friend has tickets to fly in less than two weeks but has nowhere to stay. She should have looked for accommodation when she bought the tickets.

How many people does she need to sleep, and what dates? How much can they pay, and would they be willing to move between more than one apartment if necessary? A house swap at this date isn't likely, but if she is willing to stay out of Yerushalayim she might be able to get a rental for much less than in Yerushalayim.

A1MUM

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:18 am
How much space does she need?
I just saw an add for something very cheap.
Pm for details

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:22 am
Is she willing to stay somewhere other than the 2-3 neighborhoods in Yerushalayim that everybody else seems to want to stay in?

How about staying outside of Yerushalayim?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:27 am
Elfrida wrote:
So your friend has tickets to fly in less than two weeks but has nowhere to stay. She should have looked for accommodation when she bought the tickets.

How many people does she need to sleep, and what dates? How much can they pay, and would they be willing to move between more than one apartment if necessary? A house swap at this date isn't likely, but if she is willing to stay out of Yerushalayim she might be able to get a rental for much less than in Yerushalayim.

Which reminds me of shouting out that even if we are before Succot mark your calendars NOW already if you are planning to come to israel for Pesach 2023.
It's simply beyond me how people don't anticipate chagim. They tend to come every year, right?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:27 am
amother OP wrote:
My friend wants to go to Israel for sukkos but can't afford to pay for an apartment so they're looking to house swap with someone coming to NY for sukkos.
Im going to assume that anyone who is planning on going anywhere for sukot has already made plans for accommodations. Its a bit late to have already bought tickets out of israel but not have where to stay.
Good luck to your friend, but I think its way too late to try and find a house swap.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:40 am
amother OP wrote:

Which indicates she hasn't bought flight tickets yet, right?
The days were last minute flight tickets were sold for next to nothing *are gone*
Fuel prices and pent up desires for vacation abroad.

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:50 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Which indicates she hasn't bought flight tickets yet, right?
The days were last minute flight tickets were sold for next to nothing *are gone*
Fuel prices and pent up desires for vacation abroad.

We have family that is willing to host us, but we were not able to found affordable tickets.

(To be fair, for various reasons we couldn't but flight tickets early this year. We usually buy tickets for succos around peach time)

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 8:02 am
Elfrida wrote:

Yeah, I can't imagine waiting until 2-3 weeks before I arrive in a foreign country to secure accommodations, even if I were not travelling during peak season. That would make me nervous. Esp if I have very specific requirements re: exact location, number of rooms, etc.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 11:07 am
They finalized on an apartment last night!! They're leaving later today.

salt

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 12:38 am
amother OP wrote:
They finalized on an apartment last night!! They're leaving later today.

Wow! Amazing. Did they find a house swap in the end? Or are they renting?
Good for them!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions