Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training in less than a day

happy chick

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:04 am
Someone mentioned this in another thread and I'm curious how it works. My toilet training method is, when I feel they're ready to put them in underwear and let them have accidents all day asing as it takes until they get it.

But I'd love to try it in a day. How does it work?

Cspybe

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 1:02 pm
I did it for my younger three and it worked for all of them. One of them was literally trained in less than a day, the others took 2 days each. Day and night,no relapses after and they were all between 22 and 25 months old.
There's some preparation to do before, I got my kids to staying 'clean' by training them to go big on the toilet, before they're old enough to become afraid to do so, and then all I had to train them was to stay dry.

The book is written in a very archaic style which made it hard to follow, but the basic method is to use a doll that wets to demonstrate the process, let the child do everything alone including pull pants up and down, clean up accidents and empty the potty. Make them drink a very lot so they need to go often to speed up the learning process, stay completely focused on the child, don't do anything else that day. And most importantly, don't reward for peeing or pooping. Reward for 'staying dry'. Do regular panty checks and reward if clean and dry.

I'd say give it a shot and read the book. Every child is different though, and age plays a role too. Good luck!

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 1:31 pm
Wow! Id love to have that happen here but I dont believe it ever could!

Youre basically training them before, but then the actual 'work' of it is done in a day.
I dont know how that could work with a regular 2.5 year old.

I have a v bright articulate nearly 3 yo who could definitely get it in a day or 2 but forsure not 1!
I just never have 3 days straight to be able to be home with him 3 days running!

I would do over shabbos but last shabbos we had something on and now its all the yomim tovim.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 1:38 pm
My kid was toilet trained in less than a day, but she was super ready. Just told her no more diaper and if she stayed dry all day she would get underwear

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 1:38 pm
My son was over 3 I tried training him twice with no luck. I read the book & tried that method I didn’t do the doll part because I didn’t think he needed it & by then end of that day he was trained for wet. That night I did not put on a diaper & that was it. It was done.
My daughter was 2 1/2 & using that method she was trained in 2 hours!!

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 1:39 pm
I only have friday and shabbos now ,and erev yomtov.
Seems too stressful to do it now.

Cspybe

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:05 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
My son was over 3 I tried training him twice with no luck. I read the book & tried that method I didn’t do the doll part because I didn’t think he needed it & by then end of that day he was trained for wet. That night I did not put on a diaper & that was it. It was done.
My daughter was 2 1/2 & using that method she was trained in 2 hours!!

Wow!

I believe it because the method really worked for my kids and they were young. But I did find I had to follow all instructions for it to work.

happy chick

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:51 pm
Can anyone sum it up so I can try it without reading the book?

Tiredmom3

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 9:42 am
Would love to learn this method. Currently trying to train my very stubborn 4 yr old. Can someone please post a link?

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 11:49 pm
Bump

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 5:56 am
BHexhausted wrote:
Would love to learn this method. Currently trying to train my very stubborn 4 yr old. Can someone please post a link?

https://www.amazon.com/Toilet-.....93808
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training