Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Did you start wearing black tights yet? 🫣
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 3:04 pm
hodeez wrote:
Waiting for my kids to be in shidduchim

By then it will be too late, and you will have already ruined their chances 😂

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 3:07 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
How is nude cooler???

One of the great mysteries of the universe

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 3:07 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
You say "nothing to do with fashion", but honestly what other reason could there be as to NOT wear black? They're not really hotter than nude. we're wearing long sleeves, fully covered, I don't think the tights really makes a difference. Except for fashion.

I wear black knee highs (tights material ) all summer for the record. I know it's not following fashion rules, but I just don't care.

Tights are HOT. They’re thick. They make my legs sweat. Mute stockings make me feel yucky up on the top, but not my whole leg. Tights actually keep my legs a little warmer because they’re not so thin.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:39 pm
My car registered 98 degrees outside today so not quite yet lol

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:51 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
I wear black tights if it’s cold. Nude if it’s warm. I don’t get the whole once you start wearing black you can’t go back.

You don't have a rule book? You mean you make your own decisions without input from everyone around you?

You need to explain to the rest of us how that works.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:25 pm
Yes! First time this week, today. It was cold and rainy here today.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:29 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
How is nude cooler???

For many people the nude is thinner

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:29 pm
Hehe there is always one of these threads at beg of seasons!

Can I ask what is the difference between tights and stockings?

Im in Uk, its always cold and rainy but Im determined to wear my skin, because I need to get my wear out of my summer dresses.
I need to get some decent winter wear.

4g01o

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:33 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
For many people the nude is thinner

Much thinner and let's the air in. I don't really wear tights at all in summer unless I'm wearing a short dress/skirt. I wear biker shorts to hold in my tummy, and trainer socks. And if there is a bit of leg in between my midi dresses and socks then I just let it go. I hate wearing nude tights, too hot sometimes, they're so thin, they tear, fall down me etc.

So I've managed to get through this summer with hardly any tights.

I wore black for a couple days this week, but I'm back to wearing non more or less because no one has really switched yet. I can't wait though. So much more comfy

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 7:02 pm
I've never owned a pair of black tights in my life, and I'm not starting at this stage. I stick with beige/brown knee highs 365 days a year. Makes life much simpler.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 7:03 pm
Yes. Don't throw me outa here. I have been wearing black all summer. I really don't like Nude color, but I must say I felt extremely strange being the only one with black.(in my neighborhood, I was looking). it's cooler now and I hope everyone will be busy Davening on RH' that they won't notice my black nylons.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:35 pm
I’m from the us but now I live in the uk. It’s been 50-60’ degrees for the past 2 weeks so naturally I switched to black but I’m the only one! Everyone else is still hanging onto summer with nude stockings and summer clothes.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 9:02 pm
I’ve been wondering what people will do. Over here it’s supposed to be dipping down now into the 60’s, or even 50’s. No more really hot days. And I am just about ready to put on maternity, but I only bought fall clothes. Would it be strange to switch to lighter fall clothes and black tights within the next few days?

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 9:46 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Yes. Don't throw me outa here. I have been wearing black all summer. I really don't like Nude color, but I must say I felt extremely strange being the only one with black.(in my neighborhood, I was looking). it's cooler now and I hope everyone will be busy Davening on RH' that they won't notice my black nylons.

I wear only black in the summer too. We must live in different neighborhoods. Smile

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:25 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Sure. Wore them all summer too. (I don't wear tights, though, I wear long skirts and black socks that reach the knee.)

Same

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:27 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
How is nude cooler???

LIGHT colors reflect
BLACK absorbs heat

Physics Very Happy

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Lol. Don't laugh I'm curious.

No! Looks ridiculous when it’s still hot out.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:37 am
amother Magenta wrote:
One of the great mysteries of the universe

No mystery. It’s known that black attracts the sun

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 10:26 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
No mystery. It’s known that black attracts the sun

And plenty of women are wearing black skirts or tops. the color of the tights doesn't make all that much of a difference.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 10:44 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
I’ve been wondering what people will do. Over here it’s supposed to be dipping down now into the 60’s, or even 50’s. No more really hot days. And I am just about ready to put on maternity, but I only bought fall clothes. Would it be strange to switch to lighter fall clothes and black tights within the next few days?

I'm in the same position as you! Im going to start wearing black tights with next few days I think.. I think being in maternity makes anything go lol.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics