Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Uman??

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:47 am
im curious

Is anyones dh going to Uman

WhatFor

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:49 am
Guessing you missed this?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....84541

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:06 am
This thread will be locked soon
(The answer is Yes)

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:35 am
I just learned that I have a lot of neighbors that husbands are going. And none of them are Breslov but feel totally comfortable going and are not concerned at all. I was a little surprised but just kept my mouth shut.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 2:16 am
Even , if I dont agree totally, We should all davern that they stay safe

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 3:28 am
Yes and so is my son.
Let’s not get into it. Enough tomatoes were thrown already on the other thread.

Zeleze

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 3:59 am
Whats the diff. if they go yo Uman or to Monsey to his Rebbe, to Israel to his Rebbe or to Bnei Berak to his Rosh Yeshiva from Rosh Hashana

Each to his own may go to wherever he feels that his YT will bemore spiritual, and Uman is no difference in my mind

SG18

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 4:02 am
Zeleze wrote:
Whats the diff. if they go yo Uman or to Monsey to his Rebbe, to Israel to his Rebbe or to Bnei Berak to his Rosh Yeshiva from Rosh Hashana

Each to his own may go to wherever he feels that his YT will bemore spiritual, and Uman is no difference in my mind

Uman is currently in a war zone. Monsey, Bnei Brak specifically, and Israel more generally, are not.
On a year without a war, I would agree with you. This year, I do not.

Zeleze

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 4:06 am
This Uman thread has been going on (and getting locked) for over 10 years

This year you might be a little more tense as for the war, but still about 10000 poeple are there already and nothing has really happened in Uman, thats far away from the war zone, even though one can never know what will happen.

I'm no Bresolver at all, but I understand that it's the only conection they have with a Rabbi that's passed away 200+ years

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 4:44 am
Zeleze wrote:

Israel is a different category. Intrinsic kedusha matters. I hope most Jews know the difference between Israel, the United States, and Ukraine.

SG18

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 4:48 am
Zeleze wrote:
This Uman thread has been going on (and getting locked) for over 10 years

This year you might be a little more tense as for the war, but still about 10000 poeple are there already and nothing has really happened in Uman, thats far away from the war zone, even though one can never know what will happen.

I'm no Bresolver at all, but I understand that it's the only conection they have with a Rabbi that's passed away 200+ years

Last month, a civilian was killed by a missile in Uman. Uman was hit badly earlier in the war, as well.
Everyone can do what he wants, but we shouldn't ignore the facts.
ונשמרתם מאוד לנפשותיכם is a mitzvah medeoraita.
It's a nice idea to go to Uman, but it isn't a mitzvah, and certainly can't trump a mitzvah medeoraita.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 5:54 am
[quote="Zeleze"]This Uman thread has been going on (and getting locked) for over 10 years

This year you might be a little more tense as for the war, but still about 10000 poeple are there already and nothing has really happened in Uman, thats far away from the war zone, even though one can never know what will happen.[/quote

Everywhere is a war zone in Ukraine.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 6:32 am
Thousands of Hasidim arrived in Uman against the recommendations of the SBU and the National Police

16:36
09/19/2022
#society
#the situation in ukraine
#uman
#rosh hashanah
#pilgrims
Despite the recommendations of the SBU and the National Police, 4,000 Hasidim arrived in Uman to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.

This was reported by Advisor to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Anton Gerashchenko.

"The United Jewish Community of Ukraine reports that the Hasidim are 'going to Ukraine, despite the war, demonstrating faith in the Armed Forces of Ukraine.' telegram channel.

He stressed that Uman had already come under shelling more than once, and expressed concern about the possibility of provocations against religious pilgrims.

"Therefore, all services on site will be on increased duty," Gerashchenko said.

Rosh Hashanah is celebrated on the new moon of the autumn month of Tishrei in the Jewish calendar, which falls in September or October. From this day begins the countdown of the days of the new year for the Jews. Hasidim annually come to Uman on Rosh Hashanah to pray at the grave of the founder of Bratslav Hasidism, Rabbi Nachman, who lived in the 18th-19th centuries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics