Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
1 month old baby just "chills" without crying. is he okay?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:24 pm
My 1 month old baby can be awake for an hour and he'll just look around quietly and "chill" without crying or fussing at all. This is my second baby, and my first baby would never sit quietly and "chill"; he'd constantly be crying and fussing. This one, when he’s awake, often just quietly looks around without crying. And then he only cries when he’s tired or hungry.

Is this normal? Could there be something wrong? Could it be a sign of low intelligence or brain development or something like that? I just want to catch anything early if there’s anything I can do to fix it.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:26 pm
This sounds amazing. I don’t understand the concern at all!

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:27 pm
Amazing!! Enjoy it Very Happy
Maybe put some toys around so he has something to look at- good for brain development.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:35 pm
Babies have their own personalities. Our biases strive to convince us that all normal babes are like the one/s we've had so far.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 1:22 pm
I was very worried about my now 2.5 yo who was a slight preemie and like this and I was afraid it meant something wasn't all there. BA"H I can tell you she's a bright girl at this point who is generally more chilled and is phenomenal at playing and very creative.

My current baby also had many very very alert periods (including immediately after birth) just looking. He's reaching milestones quickly and is much more active now at 5 months old.

BH for "easier" babies 😉

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 1:26 pm
I agree with everyone else. My first baby was not extremely difficult, but she definitely needed more attention. Subsequent babies were really very chilled, 2 in particular. Those are also my more easy going children. My eldest is a great girl, but more high-strung.

Enjoy! Easy babies are the best!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:39 pm
Yes, that happened to me today with my 12 month old. She was napping for so long, but I was just enjoying the quiet, ability to cook/take care of the older ones, etc. After a bit longer than usual, I went to check on her, and she was just sitting up, chilling with her paci and blanket Smile

As a posted suggested, maybe I should add a couple toys to her crib during nap time, so she has something g to occupy herself with if she chooses to hang out longer Smile

tichellady

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:43 pm
how do I get one of these babies? 😀

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:46 pm
tichellady wrote:
how do I get one of these babies? 😀

Same but I want a healthy (that's always first!) boy version. Wanna name after my grandfather. If anybody has the recipe, please forward! LOL

a2z

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:18 am
Bh my 2nd is just like this and I've even appreciated the clingy times because it makes me sure that she's really ok/normal Very Happy

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 3:52 am
Sounds like you have a happy relaxed baby. Enjoy. Some babies are more fussy other less so. He has less stomach cramps and so on

SG18

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 4:04 am
My daughter was like this. Currently 1.5, still happy to play on her own, chilling, very smart, social, etc.

DVOM

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 6:57 am
My 14 month old can relax, talking to herself in her crib with her blanket and dolly, for about 45 minutes every morning.

When she's up though, she is going through a 'hold me!!!' stage, so every moment of the morning quiet is precious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics