Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
S/o removing shoes - vote!
Previous  1  2

Do you remove your shoes upon entering your own home?
Yes  
 47%  [ 134 ]
No  
 52%  [ 147 ]
Total Votes : 281

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:56 am
I really hear why to take shoes off, but I'm curious. If you have guests for a shabbos meal, they come to kiddush in their stockings and socks?

Shmoozinator

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 5:37 am
We tend to take our shoes off. Like others said you never know what you've stepped in Tongue Out And with a little one underfoot, we try and keep the floors on the cleaner side.
That being said, we do not make guests take off shoes.
I started puberty early, and from a young age had really smelly feet. It was extremely embarrassing for me. I knew families who had no shoes rules even for guests and it always made me nervous and uncomfortable to have to take off my shoes. Just the flip side for people who have such a rule. Some people don't like their feet, some people have strong foot odor, some people need to wear their shoes for comfort/orthopedic reasons. Just something to consider.

chestnut

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 8:02 pm
Yes, we do, kids included. Guests aren't expected to.

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 8:19 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
I voted yes. But it's not to keep my floors clean- other family members leave their shoes on. I just hate wearing shoes, so I remove them as soon as I can.

Same.
My feet are often hot and ache-y, so my shoes come off as soon as I step though the door.

(I usually nurse my toddler as soon as we come home. On one occasion, I sat down immediately to feed her because she was kvetchy, and she wouldn’t nurse until I took my shoes off. 😂 )
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry