Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Hourly rate for senior programmer in Israel
Previous  1  2

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 7:41 am
amother OP wrote:
part time work. its almost impossible to find here.
inertia?

It might be a benefit but it cannot be used as a reason to mistreat you.
You are being paid hourly which probably means that every YT month is a much much smaller paycheck. That is a very hard pill to swallow when raising a family.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 7:50 am
yes! exactly! my salary is about 1/3 less around the chagim.
I only wish my boss understood this.
my managers suggestion - ask the third pary who arranges your payslip to average your salary over the course of a year.
I guess if you get paid enough the rest of the year that can work. does not work well for me.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 7:52 am
amother OP wrote:
yes! exactly! my salary is about 1/3 less around the chagim.
I only wish my boss understood this.
my managers suggestion - ask the third pary who arranges your payslip to average your salary over the course of a year.
I guess if you get paid enough the rest of the year that can work. does not work well for me.

What does that even mean? Are they willing to pay you a set monthly sum?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 2:23 am
Update-
the 'generous' raise I have been offered is an increase of 10 shekel per hour. Considering this is the second raise I am getting in 6 years at this company, the pay increase does not even match the rate of inflation. I did bring up the topic of a global salary and it was passed on to management. No response as of yet.
I will be applying for other jobs and see where that takes me.
Thanks all for your input!

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 4:07 am
amother OP wrote:
Update-
the 'generous' raise I have been offered is an increase of 10 shekel per hour. Considering this is the second raise I am getting in 6 years at this company, the pay increase does not even match the rate of inflation. I did bring up the topic of a global salary and it was passed on to management. No response as of yet.
I will be applying for other jobs and see where that takes me.
Thanks all for your input!

I am sorry they arent treating you right.
I suggest you start to actively look for a new job. Make sure you have a good updated CV. Get active on linked. Submit your resume to companies with openings. During your initial call with HR tell them what you are looking for in terms of hours and work location. See where that gets you.
In the hi-tech world english is a plus. Most interviews are on zoom. You might really end up surprising yourself.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:54 am
Are you on the frum devs slack group? There may be people there with leads for better paying jobs.

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:57 am
Try to find a job working for a US company - Macher, Candibots - there are job listings there.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:10 am
Look

It sounds like the ONLY positive thing about the job is the part time hours.

The Hi- Tech industry is not known to be flexible about hours - but you are the exact senior developer the market is looking for. Start looking.

Another good way to search is thru recruiters for USA companies, many USA companies outsource to Israel for the talent and because they can give you the full Israeli salary equivalent and it is still cheaper then a US programmer with the salary jumps that inflation has induced.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 10:41 am
I don't know about in Israel, but in US, many tech companies have become more flexible since covid. I know people working full time but with very flexible timing (and not tracking hours either as long as the work gets done). Would such an arrangement work for you?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 5:05 am
at this point I am open to trying anything that I can make work for me. Either I find a better job or if I get an offer I can ask for their counter offer. Time to start brushing up on interview questions

sara_s

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 6:19 am
If a full time job (hybrid, with flexible hours) is an option, PM me, I may be able to help

rofa

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 7:19 am
OP, there is a frum developer's slack group (with many members in Israel) that would probably be better suited to answer.

You can PM me for an invite.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics