Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Noodles and cabbage in the oven

HappyMom5

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 11:52 am
I saw a recipe in the ami or mishpacha recently on how to make noodles and cabbage in the oven. I misplaced it. Anyone knows how to do it?

Roseflower

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 11:57 am
So cool!!
Following.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:17 pm
I think it was a bag of cabbage in a 8x13 with olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar
Bake covered for an hour
Cook the noodles in a pot and add to the pan of cabbage- mix

Let me know if it comes out good . I usually use a lot of sautéed onions so I’m wondering how it will taste without it.
I saw the oven method in 2 different places without the onion and still claiming that it’s delicious.

HappyMom5

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:58 pm
I usually make it without onions.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:23 pm
The YT Whisk has one from Bruchy Duschinsky where you also cook the noodles in the oven. After sautéing cabbage, oil, sugar, salt, pepper in 400 degree oven until caramelized, you take a separate deep 9x13 disposable, cover 12oz of raw pasta with water-2” over the pasta. Bake for 30 minutes, drain, then toss with the cabbage.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:26 pm
I thought I remembered she wrote you "sauté" the cabbage in the oven and you "cook" the egg noodles in the oven in a separate pan. Don't know how it comes out/how it rewarms, but I can look up the instructions for you.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:45 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I thought I remembered she wrote you "sauté" the cabbage in the oven and you "cook" the egg noodles in the oven in a separate pan. Don't know how it comes out/how it rewarms, but I can look up the instructions for you.

Please do. Thanks for the offer!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 3:19 pm
1 lb cabbage
2/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 oz bow tie noodles

Preheat oven to 400゚. In an 8 x 10 pan, mix together the cabbage, oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bake "sauté" the cabbage in the oven for 20 minutes and set aside. Keep oven at 400゚.
In an extra deep 9 x 13 pan (4" deep), cover noodles with water to come up 2" above the noodles. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove noodles and drain. Toss the noodles with the cabbage.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:09 am
ra_mom wrote:
1 lb cabbage
2/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 oz bow tie noodles

Preheat oven to 400゚. In an 8 x 10 pan, mix together the cabbage, oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bake "sauté" the cabbage in the oven for 20 minutes and set aside. Keep oven at 400゚.
In an extra deep 9 x 13 pan (4" deep), cover noodles with water to come up 2" above the noodles. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove noodles and drain. Toss the noodles with the cabbage.

I made this for rosh hashana and it came out very good!
I can’t believe I used to spend time sautéing lots of onions. I’m not sure how it comes out so good without the onions but you really can’t tell that it’s missing.
The best part is that there are no pots to wash!
I used this oven method for Lukshen kugel. First cooked the lukshen in the oven, drained water and added rest of ingredients. Really great not to have so many things to wash!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics