Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Miami boys choir trending on nonJewish tiktok
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:25 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Yuck - I opened up one of the links and had such a visceral reaction of disgust to seeing music with words of kedusha being profaned by non-Jews. How could anyone find this cute or entertaining? Yuck!
How are they profaning the songs? They are dancing or moving their bodies. Nobody is doing anything wrong. I think its strange but disgust? I think thats a bit strong.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:27 pm
Are any wives of on here? These are old videos!

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:28 pm
Is it hinei ma tov? I was in a dance class with that playing many years ago as a kid. If you use a popular style it will be used in a popular way--sorry.

Funny story: I was very sure it was sung by a woman.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:42 pm
The only issue is that via TikTok ccp Chinese government collects info on users

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:52 pm
Oh my, it's hilarious! How did it happen?? LOL

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:52 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Is it hinei ma tov? I was in a dance class with that playing many years ago as a kid. If you use a popular style it will be used in a popular way--sorry.

Funny story: I was very sure it was sung by a woman.

It's "yerushalayim".

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:53 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
How are they profaning the songs? They are dancing or moving their bodies. Nobody is doing anything wrong. I think its strange but disgust? I think thats a bit strong.

Music has holy power. Words of kedusha have holy power. NonJews using them for base entertainment purposes is profaning. NonJews incorporating their vulgar musical/dance expression into our holy music is profane.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:53 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Yuck - I opened up one of the links and had such a visceral reaction of disgust to seeing music with words of kedusha being profaned by non-Jews. How could anyone find this cute or entertaining? Yuck!

I'm not seeing anything disgusting, profanity, (really?) Or yucky. Just non jews dancing to jewish music, nothing wrong with that! It's very funny.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 12:55 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Music has holy power. Words of kedusha have holy power. NonJews using them for base entertainment purposes is profaning. NonJews incorporating their vulgar musical/dance expression into our holy music is profane.

No, it's not vulgar or profane. Some jewish music may have holy power when sung by jews. This doesn't mean that non jews may not sing jewish songs. To them it's not holy, it's just a song. It has no kedusha when non jews sing it. Many non jews listen to jewish music for entertainment, nothing wrong with it. I'd even say it's a kiddush hashem.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:03 pm
I’m cracking up over it.
So funny and it’s great songs so why not?!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:04 pm
One of the soloists is part of the YU Macabeats!!! That's so funny!

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 2:02 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Are any wives of on here? These are old videos!

Not a wife but a relative of mine was in the original Miami boys choirs. When it was actually comprised of Miami boys Smile

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 3:14 pm
this is pretty cool! So interesting how these things happen...

scruffy

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 5:02 pm
https://forward.com/culture/51.....ideo/

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 5:08 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

And I was thinking it's a sign of Mashiach coming when the world including non Jews declare Hashem's glory!

Laiya

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 11:25 pm
Random.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 11:33 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

Your attitude on this matter seems vulgar and profane to me. I know lots of non Jews who love jewish music and get inspired by it.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 11:57 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
And I was thinking it's a sign of Mashiach coming when the world including non Jews declare Hashem's glory!

Was thinking the same!

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 11:59 pm
I just watched about 30 tiktoks and im just sitting and crying. call me crazy. idk what it is but it's just so so nice to have a positive moment in this dark galus.

bigsis144

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 12:37 am
I’m just scared of the sudden fame quickly devolving into antisemitism, criticism and mockery.

I find this amusing and heartwarming now, but I don’t trust being thrust into a nonJewish spotlight.

Last edited by bigsis144 on Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics