Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Has the "kids with no school" sitch improved over the years

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 9:17 am
Has the "kids with no school" situation in the Lakewood area improved over the years, or are there still a high number of kids with no schools this time of year, like there used to be?

Any changes?

If yes, what helped it?

LK1

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 9:40 am
It improved a little. More schools opened.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 9:44 am
At one point a large number of families moved to lakewood so there was physically no room in any of the schools to take an extra kid. B"h alot of good news schools opened up and there should be room now for every child. However, in some situations the
child still won't have a school.
Some parents only want what they consider an elite school. Or trying for a school they have no chance getting into because it fills up on siblings. Or it's not the right fit.
Any family to much to the left shouldn't come to lakewood because there is no school for that type in Lakewood yet.
Some don't want to try a brand new school. Most schools this year are at least 2-3 years old. Others have almost all grades by now.
1 or 2 schools I heard are actually doing poorly do to a bad principle or administrator. The kids in those schools are trying to get into the other schools will see what happens.
Most kids with flex parents end up in a school

*I also hear of kids with severe learning or behavioral challenges that have a hard time getting accepted because most newer schools and some of the older ones are not equipped enough to provide help. Not sure if the parents expectations are too high or there really is not enough schools that have the necessary resources.

keym

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 10:18 am
From what I can see, the primary and 9th grade situation are both very much improved. Because new schools opened for primary and 9th.
But families who move or transfer are still struggling because no new slots have opened for other grades.

I'm going to give a shout-out to Bais Faiga for actively taking action. They opened a new elementary school with 3 parallels (around 65/70 girls) and a high school with 3 parallels (around 90 girls).

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 10:24 am
amother Periwinkle wrote:
*I also hear of kids with severe learning or behavioral challenges that have a hard time getting accepted because most newer schools and some of the older ones are not equipped enough to provide help. Not sure if the parents expectations are too high or there really is not enough schools that have the necessary resources.

This is still a big problem. My nephew has severe behavioral challenges but very smart kid (he taught himself to read, knows math, etc....probably on the spectrum) and child is not in school. A program for him does not seem to exist (he's being told to go to public school, and parents understandably don't want that.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries