Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Feeding schedule bottle fed…

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 12:46 am
… 10 month old.

I need to bottle feed with formula because I cannot nurse for a while for medical reasons.
How often should they have a bottle if they don’t really fill up no real food yet?
How much in the bottle?

Please tell me what your babies eat

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 12:53 am
You can easily Google this. Or ask your pediatrician.

happymommy12

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 1:33 am
At 10 months my baby had 150-180 mL (5-6 oz) in each bottle about 4-5 times a day (sometimes he finished it and wanted a bit more, sometimes he would only eat half)
His first bottle was when he woke up and then every 3/4 hrs he would have another one.
For example
Wake up 6:30/7 have a bottle
Nap from 9:30-11:30 then have a bottle
Nap from 2:30-3:30 then have a bottle
Bottle at 6:30/7 before bed
And sometimes he would also get a bottle in the middle of the night
At that age baby is still getting most of their nutrients from milk so I was told to always give bottle first and then solids (I did this for each meal besides dinner, solids at around 5 and then bath/bottle/bedtime
Good luck!! Takes time to work out what works best for your baby and you depending on when he naps and what time he wakes up.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 1:36 am
happymommy12 wrote:
At 10 months my baby had 150-180 mL (5-6 oz) in each bottle about 4-5 times a day (sometimes he finished it and wanted a bit more, sometimes he would only eat half)
His first bottle was when he woke up and then every 3/4 hrs he would have another one.
For example
Wake up 6:30/7 have a bottle
Nap from 9:30-11:30 then have a bottle
Nap from 2:30-3:30 then have a bottle
Bottle at 6:30/7 before bed
And sometimes he would also get a bottle in the middle of the night
At that age baby is still getting most of their nutrients from milk so I was told to always give bottle first and then solids (I did this for each meal besides dinner, solids at around 5 and then bath/bottle/bedtime
Good luck!! Takes time to work out what works best for your baby and you depending on when he naps and what time he wakes up.

Thank you! Such a comprehensive guide

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 1:37 am
LovesHashem wrote:
You can easily Google this. Or ask your pediatrician.

Correct

But I want to be that person sometimes too…
Smile

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 6:58 am
I give a 6oz bottle around every 3 hours. Around 6 bottles a day.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 7:13 am
I've had babies who were nursed and then bottle fed at different points. For a baby who was nursed all along, I'd offer only 3 ounces at a time, using paced bottle feeding. And you can still feed on demand.

If I was you, I would reach out to a lactation consultant. I think they'll be able to give you the best guidance and support.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 7:59 am
amother Lightcyan wrote:
I've had babies who were nursed and then bottle fed at different points. For a baby who was nursed all along, I'd offer only 3 ounces at a time, using paced bottle feeding. And you can still feed on demand.

If I was you, I would reach out to a lactation consultant. I think they'll be able to give you the best guidance and support.

My baby can do 4 oz and if really hungry, definitely 5.

What do people do during teething? I am so used to sticking the boob in. Do you just carry them, rock, stroller? Pain killers?Any tricks?

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 9:09 am
amother OP wrote:
My baby can do 4 oz and if really hungry, definitely 5.

What do people do during teething? I am so used to sticking the boob in. Do you just carry them, rock, stroller? Pain killers?Any tricks?

Pacifier, teething toys, oral jel, Tylenol/motrin.
My nursing babies were the same miserable when teething and refused to nurse when in pain.

amother
Moccasin

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 10:19 am
I’m a first time mom with a 9 month old. I’m trying to discontinue bottles by 1. Therefore, I’ve been feeding my baby first before giving a bottle. That way he’s hungry for food. Am I doing something wrong?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics