Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Fundraising

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 10:30 pm
There is an organization that helped my family and I really believe in them, and I try to do a little to give back by being a rayzer for their annual fundraising campaign.

One of the donors who has donated generously to my page in the past now has a child in my class.

Do I not solicit them this year? (It's always by text or email.)

I'm afraid it's unprofessional to solicit a student's parent, but on the other hand, I started this tzedakah connection with this family before teaching their child.

On the other hand, I feel that it's a zechus for me to be the conduit for the giving, and it's a zechus for the givers as well.

WWYD?
What would you think if you were the parent?

To make it clear, because on imamother people usually misread OPs. I DO NOT FUNDRAISE DAVKA FROM MY PARENT BODY. THIS IS A PARENT WHO HAS GIVEN IN THE PAST.

thank you! 😀

wtvr

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 10:44 pm
A personal text with an intro that you usually don't solicit students parents, but since they have given generously in the past and this organization is close to your heart, you want to give them the opportunity to give again
Then your regular blurb you're sending out.

Last edited by wtvr on Sun, Sep 25 2022, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 10:53 pm
wtvr wrote:
A personal text with an intro that you usually don't solicit students parents, but since with they have given generously on the past and this organization is close to your heart, you want to give them the opportunity to give again
Then your regular blurb you're sending out.

Thank you. I like that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:56 pm
Okay, so I really like the nusach posted above, but I don't know how to write that final line-

"I'd like to offer you the opportunity to contribute once again."

"The zechus," instead of"opportunity"?

"I'm reaching out to you once again" instead of the first option?

I'd love for imas to contribute ideas.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:21 pm
Bump (?)

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:03 am
When these people donated in previous years, was that because you reached out to them personally? Or did they just spontaneously give? If the latter, then definitely do not approach them.

If they normally only give after you reach out, I would write a note explaining that you are writing to them because they've been generous in the past but that you do not normally solicit parents of students.

You're right to be sensitive to this issue. It's uncomfortable to be approached for money by your child's teacher. Maybe they've been affected by the recent stock market decline and didn't want to give this year. If you write to them, you may put them in an awkward position where they don't feel like they can refuse.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics