Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Constipated baby

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 5:59 am
My baby has had chronic constipation her whole life. She’s ten months now and we thought it was getting better when she started solid food because she would make once or twice a day but now it is back and worse than ever. She starts to make and it gets stuck (sorry for the tmi) and she is bleeding and frantic. Every time I try to change her diaper she is trying to get a BM out but it has taken her basically all of shabbos. We give her prunes and fruit juice to move it along . What else can I do?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 6:31 am
Pear juice
It’s only sold next to the baby food
It works much better than prune juice
It will work fast
I hope you’re not giving her rice cereal or bananas. Those foods are very constipating!
If pear juice isn’t working there is a liquid medication. First try the pear juice. Everyone I told this to called to thank me.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 6:46 am
Lactulose

DVOM

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 7:47 am
Oy! Poor baby! My one year old had more mild constipation, but my now 9 year old had pretty severe chronic constipation as a baby, so much do that we landed in the hospital with a bowel obstruction.

Fiber and water are what move things along. Think about what your baby eats and try for as much fiber and water as you can get. Avacado, beans, chick peas, oat bran, raisins, apple sauce were some of our best fiber foods. My baby now drinks loads of water. We keep sippi cups of water always on hand. It really helps.

There's also the qtip with Vaseline trick. It worked wonders for my son, less so for my daughter, probably because she never had the build up that he had.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 8:00 am
My baby was super constipated till we started feeding her yogurt with real probiotics daily. Now she's super regular.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:47 pm
Enfamil reguline is a lifesaver

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:49 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
My baby was super constipated till we started feeding her yogurt with real probiotics daily. Now she's super regular.
Wouod this work for a 9 year old too? Or the pear juice? (What does pear juice taste like?;
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics