Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Lost my rings

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:45 am
I'm devastated. I cannot find my kedusha and engagement ring. I cannot remember at all where I placed them. I usually keep them in one place in my house but I think I may have took them off and put them somewhere else. I have searched everywhere, high low, in every drawer..even in places I know forsure that its not there. With this new year coming up I can't help but feel miserable to the point of embarrassed. I cant believe I was so careless. Its definately not my usual thing to do. Anyone ever lost their rings that can give me chizuk. It's such a great sentimental and financial lost.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:54 am
How long are they lost? Did you lose them at home? They definitely can still turn up!! Don’t give up!! I hope you find them quickly!

Side point- have you ever heard the new(ish) song - “the ring” on journeys 5? Great song.

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:58 am
momof2+? wrote:
How long are they lost? Did you lose them at home? They definitely can still turn up!! Don’t give up!! I hope you find them quickly!

Side point- have you ever heard the new(ish) song - “the ring” on journeys 5? Great song.

Yes at home. I must have put them down somewhere on Thursday night. When I was getting ready for work on Friday morning I realized I couldn't find them. With all the y"t prep and being more tired than usual, I must have put then down somewhere without thinking. I haven't heard that song. Will listen to it.

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:06 am
momof2+? wrote:

I just listened to the song on YouTube. I'm so emotional. I've am married less than 10 years. I never expected to loose something so precious. I told my husband and he said, "gam zu letova". I wish I can think that way

jflower

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:21 am
I'm sure you'll find your rings. They're somewhere in your house and eventually they'll be located. Just go through your garbage to make sure they didn't end up there by mistake.

Please post when you find them!

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:24 am
jflower wrote:
I'm sure you'll find your rings. They're somewhere in your house and eventually they'll be located. Just go through your garbage to make sure they didn't end up there by mistake.

Please post when you find them!

Amein! I lost them Thursday night (last time I had them, don't remember where I put them). But garbage guy came early Friday morning and I didn't know it was lost at that time until later when I was getting ready for work. My husband took the last Thursday garbage in the garbage can so I can't even look no more.

happytobemom

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:27 am
That's so painful!
Sending hugs Heart Heart but also hope - very likely they're somewhere in your house, and you'll find them at the most unexpected time!

P.S. Did you give tzedakah for R' Meir Baal Hanes, and say the yehi ratzon?

Undefined

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:28 am
Say the pasuk and give tzedakah to Rebbe Meir Baal Haness, I don't know it by heart but you can look it up , works every time. Hatzlacha

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:41 am
Undefined wrote:
Say the pasuk and give tzedakah to Rebbe Meir Baal Haness, I don't know it by heart but you can look it up , works every time. Hatzlacha

Said it and gave tzedaka. IyH I would find them . Chasima vchasima tova to all.

MinnieMa

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 3:38 am
I’ve lost mine… I’m so sorry … I had taken them off and washed and then they got thrown out with the plastic table cloth, but till I remembered this took a while and it was too late. Do you by any chance have them insured , or home owners insurance sometimes covers it … I know it’s sentimental value . So so sorry I hope you can find it

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:05 am
MinnieMa wrote:
I’ve lost mine… I’m so sorry … I had taken them off and washed and then they got thrown out with the plastic table cloth, but till I remembered this took a while and it was too late. Do you by any chance have them insured , or home owners insurance sometimes covers it … I know it’s sentimental value . So so sorry I hope you can find it

Thats a good idea. I don't know if it's insured but I will check the homeowners insurance. I'm sorry you lost yours too.

Aylat

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:20 am
I lost my wedding ring in my in-laws house and had given up all hope of ever finding it. A few years later they took up the carpets and it was in a crack in the floorboards underneath.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 7:58 am
I lost my rings once when we were on an outing and were having a picnic - gave them to DH to put in his pocket when I went to wash, forgot about them, and later on they weren't there. We searched that park everywhere.

My rings turned up in our car seven years later. And yeah, we cleaned it for Pesach in the interim. I have no idea where they were - DH was driving DD to daycamp, and he heared her say that she found these rings, they are so pretty, they are mine cuz I found them....and they were my rings! They must've been stuck somewhere.... (we bought her a cute toy ring in compensation...)

Hope you find your rings OP. Let us know!

Java

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 8:00 am
mirelcakes wrote:
Thats a good idea. I don't know if it's insured but I will check the homeowners insurance. I'm sorry you lost yours too.

Definitely check, and if not then consider getting ring insurance (for next time)

watergirl

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 8:01 am
MinnieMa wrote:

Homeowners insurance absolutely covers rings if they are put on the insurance plan. Some plans require a special rider other plans don’t, but they’re not automatically covered, you have to request it specifically. And everybody should have their rings insured.

OP I am davening that you find them!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics