Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How to connect to YT with a toddler at home?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 8:46 am
Any tips or chizuk?
Also, Im sick in bed with covid and ive been sleeping all day since friday.
My head hurts, my ears hurt, I feel so weak.
I wish RH was in a few days from now so I had time to recuperate !

I cant even take my son on a walk because I feel so sick and trembly

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 9:26 am
Can you have someone watch your toddler or take him out to the park? Feel good rest up and I've been taking dayquil and nyquil also feel some flu symptoms... it's been helping me get through the day

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 10:29 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Can you have someone watch your toddler or take him out to the park? Feel good rest up and I've been taking dayquil and nyquil also feel some flu symptoms... it's been helping me get through the day

my MIL is going to stop by to take my toddler out a bit
then my SIL and BIL are going to switch...
everyone will help a bit so I can rest
but I dont feel like its RH

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 10:36 am
amother OP wrote:

Last year, right before I was to hear shofar my son got injured and I had to go with him to the hospital and spend the first day of Rosh Hashana there . I felt awful. I didn’t have a siddur. I couldn’t daven. I didn’t hear shofar. I Had to go home in a taxi and if felt so disconnected and guilty. A few people told me that HaShem put me in this situation and that it was an actual zechus for me to be put in a situation of Pikuach Nefesh. It was hard for me to accept it but it’s true. I didn’t choose to have this emergency . You are not choosing to be sick. HaShem put you in this situation and he understands your limits. Be kind and compassionate to yourself. Rest up and heal.
Wishing you a Refuah Shelaimah.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 11:03 am
Rabbi Brezak suggests that you have in mind "just as I have compassion on this child, so Hashem should have compassion on me"

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 11:12 am
Focus on healing your body so you can be a better eved Hashem.

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:14 pm
I wrote 2 short articles on this for moms just like you... although being sick is a huge bummer
One is tips with kids and one is how to find inspiration
They're not on a blog, you can get them sent to your inbox here

Feel better!!

What's the purpose of Rosh Hashana, and how can we tap into it as mothers busy with the cooking, the kids, the not being able to daven as you're used to?
https://exceptional-leader-212.....aeb16

And tips on entertaining kids (Though you just have to rest up!!)
https://exceptional-leader-212.....4bcc2

And also this is a copy paste:

*Lesson from Chana*

Chana was a prophetess, as the end of the haftorah relates. This means that not only did she see G–dliness in Shiloh in the way that other Jews saw it, but she also saw it as a prophetess sees it, meaning that [when experiencing this revelation,] she had true pleasure, true understanding, and the greatest possible feeling.

As the haftorah records, and the Midrash in particular, Elkanah was wealthy, and so he would have been able to bring with him various servants and wet-nurses so that Chana would be able to take the child along and be confident that the journey wouldn’t harm him.

Chana could have taken Shmuel along to Shiloh. However, obviously the care and attention one can give while one is alone at home is not comparable to [and far greater than] when one travels, even with all the servants and conveniences.

This is as far as [the effect of the journey on] Shmuel is concerned. However, there was another option. Chana could have taken – as it’s called in this country – a babysitter for those few weeks while she would go to Shiloh and back. Since she would go to Shiloh and absorb even more G–dliness and prophecy, her child would ultimately also benefit from what she gained.

But the haftorah relates as a simple fact – and Elkanah appreciated this, for he didn’t argue with her at all – that Chana said that by being at home during these two years (and usually a child is weaned after two years), and not going to Shiloh for two years, she would be able to ensure the proper rearing of Shmuel, at least somewhat more than she could if she would travel – and even if she would travel on a path leading to Shiloh.

(Sichos Kodesh 5734, vol. 1, pp. 24-29)

לזכות תינוק בן יהודית

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:22 pm
amother OP wrote:

I haven’t felt like it’s RH in over 10 years. Even if my kids are perfectly behaved and let me daven, davening in your living room is just not the same. I try to have in mind that I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing, and I ask that Hashem accept that bim’kom my heartfelt tefillos.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:09 pm
thank you so much
mushka that was beautiful. I tried accessing your live the other night but it didnt save unfortunately. ill check out the articles.

im just trying to make it through the day at this point. my husband came home to put the baby to bed im going to take a nap before candle lighting ugh!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Any tips or chizuk?
Also, Im sick in bed with covid and ive been sleeping all day since friday.
My head hurts, my ears hurt, I feel so weak.
I wish RH was in a few days from now so I had time to recuperate !

I cant even take my son on a walk because I feel so sick and trembly

Refuah shleima!
When you consider the kriah of Hashem pakad es Sara and tefilas Chana one word: Gratitude.
Hashem made you go into yom tov sick, He doesn't expect so much from you. I hope you're getting help with meals and everything else. Just focus on doing whatever minimum you have to do. Hugs!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:20 pm
Once heard something that always helps me this time of the year. Yes it is a mashal about a king but the point is really true.

There was once a king who made a grand birthday ceremony with everyone coming to bring gifts. Everyone wanted to a chance and stood on a line to get to the king on this special day. One woman standing on line was the babysitter hired to watch the kings kids. The king did not recieve her gift kindly as her job was not to bring a gift but watch the kings kids...

Yes, it's wonderful to bring the king a gift but we were chosen to be babysitters...

Shana Tova to all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur