Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid boosters
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:01 pm
Do you feel covid boosters are necessary, if you do why do you feel that way?

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:03 pm
No, I don't feel they are necessary. I think there's a risk/benefit tradeoff that can very from person to person. I don't think there's evidence to strongly get the new booster or not at this time. I see points on both sides to pursue it or to not pursue it.

There are an extremely limited number of situations to be a zealot on anything. This doesn't appear to be one of this situations.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:49 pm
I see no health benefit to taking a booster that has only been studied on 8 mice.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:16 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
No, I don't feel they are necessary. I think there's a risk/benefit tradeoff that can very from person to person. I don't think there's evidence to strongly get the new booster or not at this time. I see points on both sides to pursue it or to not pursue it.

There are an extremely limited number of situations to be a zealot on anything. This doesn't appear to be one of this situations.

What does being a zealot have to do with anything? When it comes up in conversation people state their opinions. I don’t see anyone calling for anyone to march with signs or chain themselves to the doors of vaccine sites. I feel like calling those against it zealots is meant as a way to make others fear those disagreeing, it seems over the top to me.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
What does being a zealot have to do with anything? When it comes up in conversation people state their opinions. I don’t see anyone calling for anyone to march with signs or chain themselves to the doors of vaccine sites. I feel like calling those against it zealots is meant as a way to make others fear those disagreeing, it seems over the top to me.

I don’t have a strong opinion. I’m not sure why that bothers you. Strong opinions don’t bother me even if I don’t agree with them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:34 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I don’t have a strong opinion. I’m not sure why that bothers you. Strong opinions don’t bother me even if I don’t agree with them.

I think your use of the word zealot repeatedly is making the argument hostile.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think your use of the word zealot repeatedly is making the argument hostile.

You have a right to your opinion.

I disagree.

Just like when many folks said everyone should do what they feel is right for their family with covid and masking and anything else, and leave others alone, and not voice snarky insulting passive aggressive comments, well, that’s how I feel on this.

I see a lot of continued faith based zealotry in many comments on this topic, and I disagree with it.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 3:01 pm
I think 🐑 should take one monthly. This way drs can make money dealing from the side effects and big pharma can get richer.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 3:55 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I think 🐑 should take one monthly. This way drs can make money dealing from the side effects and big pharma can get richer.

Clearly big pharma agrees with you.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:27 pm
flowerpower wrote:

So nasty..erev rosh Hashanah

Goldie613

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:39 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
You have a right to your opinion.

I disagree.

Just like when many folks said everyone should do what they feel is right for their family with covid and masking and anything else, and leave others alone, and not voice snarky insulting passive aggressive comments, well, that’s how I feel on this.

I see a lot of continued faith based zealotry in many comments on this topic, and I disagree with it.

Earlier on in the pandemic I really felt that everyone should mask, get vaccinated, etc, and that everyone who wasn't (unless they had a medical/religious reason for doing it) was taking a huge chance. At this point, given how things have changed since the earliest days, I agree with the idea of letting everyone do what works for their family and other than that letting everyone be.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "faith based zealotry"?

Goldie613

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:46 pm
To answer the OP's question, yes I'm pro boosters. The initial shots were designed to deal with the earlier variations, this one is set up to deal with Omicron. So why not take something that will help with the newest part of this mess?

I'm not sure what will happen in years to come - I know some scientists are saying that it might become like the flu shot, that you take it every year to provide protection for whatever version is going around that year. In that scenario, I would hope that I would continue to get booster shots, but I know I'm not great about remembering to take flu shots (I tend to remember only if I happen to be at the doctor around the time the shots are being given out and the doctor reminds me it exists). So, I guess we'll leave the future to the future and see what happens then?

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:52 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
To answer the OP's question, yes I'm pro boosters. The initial shots were designed to deal with the earlier variations, this one is set up to deal with Omicron. So why not take something that will help with the newest part of this mess?

I'm not sure what will happen in years to come - I know some scientists are saying that it might become like the flu shot, that you take it every year to provide protection for whatever version is going around that year. In that scenario, I would hope that I would continue to get booster shots, but I know I'm not great about remembering to take flu shots (I tend to remember only if I happen to be at the doctor around the time the shots are being given out and the doctor reminds me it exists). So, I guess we'll leave the future to the future and see what happens then?

You are ok with taking a shot that wasn't tested on humans and was only tested on 8 mice? I would be ok with a booster that had vigorous testing using control groups and proven efficacy and safety. This one doesn't have that. You are ok with it anyway?

Goldie613

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:54 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
You are ok with taking a shot that wasn't tested on humans and was only tested on 8 mice? I would be ok with a booster that had vigorous testing using control groups and proven efficacy and safety. This one doesn't have that. You are ok with it anyway?

Currently waiting a bit to see how people do with it - I agree it's not great that it was released to the public after so little testing.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 5:08 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Earlier on in the pandemic I really felt that everyone should mask, get vaccinated, etc, and that everyone who wasn't (unless they had a medical/religious reason for doing it) was taking a huge chance. At this point, given how things have changed since the earliest days, I agree with the idea of letting everyone do what works for their family and other than that letting everyone be.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "faith based zealotry"?

I see a pattern of justifying poor behavior in discussions with Torah sources or otherwise as one way being "Jewish/frum/Torah" and the opposite side being the opposite of. That's what I'm referring to.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 5:19 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Currently waiting a bit to see how people do with it - I agree it's not great that it was released to the public after so little testing.

I doubt you will get accurate info by waiting a bit. I know a few people who died suddenly within a week of getting the shot and their family is insistent its not related. How will waiting a bit help you when anyone who has any adverse events will claim there is no correlation? And do you think everyone is advertising their adverse events? Did you not see how the doctors who gave warnings about the vaccines were silenced? That should be telling enough.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:39 pm
Goldie613 wrote:

Do you know the percentage of efficacy that the flu shots have, by the way? I believe I heard that the number is 12 or 13%. Please correct me if I am wrong. I heard cardiologist Dr. Peter McCullough weigh in on this and he said that he completely changed his mind. He used to recommend the flu shot but no longer does.

As an aside, I think they are changing the flu shots to mRNA technology. (Including all those lipid nanoparticles that get in to all the vital organs, including the brain).

kiti

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:40 pm
Absolutely not.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:47 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
I doubt you will get accurate info by waiting a bit. I know a few people who died suddenly within a week of getting the shot and their family is insistent its not related. How will waiting a bit help you when anyone who has any adverse events will claim there is no correlation? And do you think everyone is advertising their adverse events? Did you not see how the doctors who gave warnings about the vaccines were silenced? That should be telling enough.

Wow..you know a few people who died within a week of getting the vaccine? That's terrible.

Wait..their family said it's not related,?

Hmm. I guess you know better

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:06 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Wow..you know a few people who died within a week of getting the vaccine? That's terrible.

Wait..their family said it's not related,?

Hmm. I guess you know better

Obviously I don't know for sure the covid vaccine caused their sudden death. The same way their families don't know for sure it didn't. And there are countless other sudden deaths of vaccinated people. You want to say there were always sudden deaths? Go get the fifth booster. It's your choice. Just don't force me to get one.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics