Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Do sheitel stylists who charge more to cut wig cut better?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 9:15 pm
?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 9:19 pm
I wouldn't go to a really cheap one. I did that in the past and had to have it recut. She didn't cut it with me tilting my head downward. So every time I lowered my chin longer hairs from underneath stuck out.

This person has some customers, so I'm not sure what the deal was.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 10:27 pm
I think it’s get what you pay for usually
I just paid $575 by Rochel schwartz.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:25 am
They'd like you to think so!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 4:31 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I think it’s get what you pay for usually
I just paid $575 by Rochel schwartz.

My opinion, I think it's unfair to charge so much. Some wigs barely need anything cut off and it takes less than 15 minutes. That's what keeps me and so many others back from even buying a new wig. And washes also went up like crazy. It's a good way to make quick money.

To answer the OP, it's not necessarily those who charge more that cut better. It's those who feel they are so amazing that charge more.

rimon613

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 6:24 pm
amother Red wrote:
My opinion, I think it's unfair to charge so much. Some wigs barely need anything cut off and it takes less than 15 minutes. That's what keeps me and so many others back from even buying a new wig. And washes also went up like crazy. It's a good way to make quick money.

To answer the OP, it's not necessarily those who charge more that cut better. It's those who feel they are so amazing that charge more.

I agree

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 6:45 pm
It's not a one size fits all answer.
In general yes. It's worth to pay more and get a great cut. Usually if the cut is good the sheitel will naturally fall into place better and you get more use out of it between washes.

But I have gone to a top brand name person and she didn't give me the attention of a fly. Had a horrible experience because she was so big that she didn't need my business. She didn't care if I was happy or not.

When I went to a sheitel macher that's smaller (but not brand new, she has some experience) I was so much happier. She listened to me and gave me time and made sure I was happy.

But then again, good will doesn't cut a sheitel well. So I guess before you go to someone ask references how they cut and also what their customer service is like.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 6:48 pm
I was very happy with my $50 cut two years ago (too bad she went up to $75 now!).
I think it's person by person basis. Just like styling , you can get a wide range of prices
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels