Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do you enjoy parenting on yomim tovim?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 6:50 pm
I love spending time with my kids but I'm very much into doing activities like going places or crafts or anything muktza. Playing board games or playing on the floor with young kids is very hard on me to do for endless hours with back to back yomim tovim.

Does anyone find this family time enjoyable? How can I make it less difficult to have days and days with kids? We have tons of toys and games and new things, I just don't like engaging that way.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 6:57 pm
Yes, if my kids don’t fight too much.
. I use a lot of distraction.
I don’t like playing on the floor. We get good games like rummy, set, apples to apples. Perpetual commotion is a family favorite.
We play at the table.
We take walks if the weather allows.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:01 am
I also hate games. I try to bring them on walks whenever possible.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:09 am
I read books to my kids. That way I can be comfortable on the couch and they bring book after book to me...

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:11 am
I was not a good ''playing with parent''. I was overwhelmed at taking care of the Home, along with the children. I did not ''enjoy '' my kids at their cute stages. I lost out. Now I am totally aware of my Grandkids doings, accomplishments. I just enjoy them so much. Very sad I missed this time with my children.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:38 am
I read books with my 1.5 year old daughter, but I don't play with her. Her toys are for her. She plays with her blocks/toys, or entertains herself with random household items while I take care of what needs to get done or read.

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:40 am
amother Trillium wrote:
I read books to my kids. That way I can be comfortable on the couch and they bring book after book to me...

Haha this is me

tichellady

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:42 am
we try to spend a lot of time with other people. I’m not really with my kids a lot by myself on yomtov unless someone is sick
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics