Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How was your rosh hoshana?

kiti

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 10:23 pm
Tell me about it! Very Happy

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 10:48 pm
I hosted 3 out of 4 meals and I am tired but happy bh.
How was yours?

elisheva25

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:01 pm
Tough / Exhausting

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:28 pm
Very joyous. I went through a hell of a year and I became very bitter, angry and full of rage. When I reached my lowest point, I'm not proud of how I acted. But then I was forced to ask myself the question: How do I want to spend the rest of my life? Is this who I want to be?

I made the conscious decision that I'm done with negativity and will see only the good in Klal Yisroel and in individuals. There are enough negative forces against us, do I want to be one as well?

Wow, things have changed! I was able to suck it up and say life isn't about me and my feelings; I'm soldier in Hashem's army.

It was the first year that I could stand before the King as a mature adult and say that I'm making the thought-out decision to do what He wants, when He wants, how He wants. He's my King and I'm letting go. I'm just happy to serve.

It was a very joyous yom tov, because I know that I'm ready to be a tool of positivity in His world, b'ezras Hashem, and that I had to go through hell and hit rock bottom before I could reach this stage. Now that I'm aware of what I don't want to be and what I do want to be, and that I'm willing to work for Him however He wants it... How can He NOT give me a good year? He has to provide for his troops, right?

It's going to be a great year!

proudmomma

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:44 pm
Really uplifting- except for the part where I fell and possibly broke my shoulder! I'm waiting for the results of the xray and hoping that this new year brings better things!

rachelli66

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:46 pm
proudmomma wrote:
Really uplifting- except for the part where I fell and possibly broke my shoulder! I'm waiting for the results of the xray and hoping that this new year brings better things!

Refua shlaima! That must be so painful!

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:22 am
It was pretty good. Cute kids. Shul in the same place I was sleeping so an easy walk, and I could hear nice singing even if I couldn't spend much time in shul. Good food, good convos, good book.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:11 am
I imagine HKB'H had a good reason for giving me a migraine right through Yom Tov. From my perspective, it wasn't too helpful. I went to shul. I davened. I heard the shofar. I wished it wasn't so loud. I ate the meals. Not very much, which might be good for my weight. Accepting Hashem as King includes when we don't like it.

Migraine continues today, and I might break my fast after chatzot.

Hopefully what I plan for Yom Kippur and what HKB'H plans for Yom Kippur will coincide more closely.

kiti

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:06 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
I hosted 3 out of 4 meals and I am tired but happy bh.
How was yours?

BH" was amazing- cooked lots of food, heard the shofar, davened deeply with kavana, and saw/visited many people I know.

However, today I'm left with a huge mess to clean up after all the meals LOL Oh well! May Hashem give us lots of brachos, simchas, parnassah, and happiness for the upcoming year. Smile

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:14 pm
Davening was gorgeous bh. Put a lot of energy into Yom tov. Now DH and I are both super drained and looking for an easy way to replenish quickly. Any self care ideas?

Living Princess

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:18 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Very joyous. I went through a hell of a year and I became very bitter, angry and full of rage. When I reached my lowest point, I'm not proud of how I acted. But then I was forced to ask myself the question: How do I want to spend the rest of my life? Is this who I want to be?

I made the conscious decision that I'm done with negativity and will see only the good in Klal Yisroel and in individuals. There are enough negative forces against us, do I want to be one as well?

Wow, things have changed! I was able to suck it up and say life isn't about me and my feelings; I'm soldier in Hashem's army.

It was the first year that I could stand before the King as a mature adult and say that I'm making the thought-out decision to do what He wants, when He wants, how He wants. He's my King and I'm letting go. I'm just happy to serve.

It was a very joyous yom tov, because I know that I'm ready to be a tool of positivity in His world, b'ezras Hashem, and that I had to go through hell and hit rock bottom before I could reach this stage. Now that I'm aware of what I don't want to be and what I do want to be, and that I'm willing to work for Him however He wants it... How can He NOT give me a good year? He has to provide for his troops, right?

It's going to be a great year!

Wow, IY"H you should have a great year!

kiti

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:25 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Davening was gorgeous bh. Put a lot of energy into Yom tov. Now DH and I are both super drained and looking for an easy way to replenish quickly. Any self care ideas?

I'm just taking the day off, and slowly cleaning what needs to be cleaned. Not stressing at all, and might go outside for exercise later.

My advice: Relax as much as you can, and enjoy each other before the schedule becomes hectic again!

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:37 pm
Really uplifting! For the first time in years I felt connected.
We stayed home and hosted all meals this year so that was a first for me but it was beautiful and my husband loved it. He's talking about doing it Sukkos again TMI TMI
The only downside is that I'm at work all day today so cleaning and laundry is gonna have to happen tonight. Oh well

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:43 pm
Really beautiful and really exhausting. Had guests went out.. went to shul. Amazing.
Spent the day recovering Sleep

nightingale1

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:25 pm
It was really good. Hashem has blessed me that I’m at a really good point in my life and I was able to concentrate on being mamlich Hashem…for the first time ever, that was my focus, instead of my list of bakashos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics