Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pajamas that look like clothes?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 9:39 pm
I have a kid that I need to run out to the bus very early in the morning.

Also, I sometimes wake up too early myself and I just want to go outside and take a walk in the morning (I have no yard or balcony) but I don't want to be outside in pajamas, but changing my clothes sometimes feels too daunting especially considering I don't want to wake up my husband and kids by turning on lights (plus I'm not sure whether I'll go back to sleep, usually I'm still hoping I will). Basically I just want to go outside for a little bit without making a big transition...

So: pajamas that look like clothes? Or at least enough like clothes that I can appear briefly outside my front door wearing them, in the early morning?

Usually nowadays I wear nightgowns. Should I switch to leggings and dresses/skirts of some sort? Sounds like in practice that might still look like pajamas/sloppy...

Oh right--I'm wearing nursing nightgowns. So I don't really just want to wear something that I can't nurse easily in, either.

TIA!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 9:46 pm
I saw a beautiful new nursing nightgown in the stores that looks like a robe or any black one might work.
Another option Amazon has very comfortable maxi skirts you can throw it on with a thin tee.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 9:57 pm
any link or picture?

I don't really want to look like I'm wearing a robe... I wouldn't walk outside in a robe...

I used to sleep with loose pajama pants and throw skirts on, but I don't feel comfortable walking around the house at all not tzniusdik esp as my kids are getting bigger, and I get in/out of bed too many times to have yet another barrier to the in/out--I really want to sleep in something that is already tzniusdik

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 10:01 pm
I sleep with black stretchy maxi skirts and loose comfortable tee shirts (like from Lands End). Excellent for nursing and can pass as (casual) clothes.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 10:21 pm
Some sort of soft knit skirt and top should work.

Or a loose-fitting swing dress made from comfortable knit fabric.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:09 pm
I just put a long black skirt and sweatshirt over my pjs

TravelHearter

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:38 pm
Same. Keep a black slinky skirt near my bed, a lightweight zip up, throw on socks and you’re good to go.
You can wear your PJs underneath.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:06 am
I sleep in a nightgown and put a long slinky skirt and a hoodie on top of my nightie when I get up.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:33 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:
I sleep in a nightgown and put a long slinky skirt and a hoodie on top of my nightie when I get up.

My daughter does that but she is a size 0 and looks fine. Can’t even tell she still has her nightgown on. If I would do that I would look like a puffed penguin. Can’t wear more layers when you’re a size 14 and very, very short 😟.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:08 am
amother White wrote:
I sleep with black stretchy maxi skirts and loose comfortable tee shirts (like from Lands End). Excellent for nursing and can pass as (casual) clothes.

This is how I sleep too! Sometimes use velour skirts (from way back when those were sold). I evolved to this over time due to the ability to leave my room "dressed" and do an emergency drive/errand.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:23 am
Leggings and a tshirt, throw a skirt over it.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:25 am
Just dump on a maxi skirt over pants

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:26 am
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
This is how I sleep too! Sometimes use velour skirts (from way back when those were sold). I evolved to this over time due to the ability to leave my room "dressed" and do an emergency drive/errand.

Velour skirts are being sold again lol

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:39 am
amother Yolk wrote:
Leggings and a tshirt, throw a skirt over it.

Yup, that’s how I sleep too. If I have time in the AM I’ll get dressed for real, but usually not. It’s just a sweatshirt and a skirt over what I slept in.

behappy2

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:44 am
I have a dress that is so comfy that I have it set aside to wear whenever we have guests. Shop around!

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:43 am
amother Slategray wrote:
Velour skirts are being sold again lol

Yay!! These comfy stretchy ones have gotten quite worn out.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 11:28 am
What about something like this with leggings?
https://www.shein.co.uk/Matern.....~~~~0

Or nursing tee + leggings, and throw on a skirt

https://www.shein.co.uk/SHEIN-.....sing_

https://www.shein.co.uk/SHEIN-.....~~~~0

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 11:34 am
I have two of these zip up hoodie dresses and I have fallen asleep in them they are so comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/GRACE-K.....ss_tl

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:15 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have two of these zip up hoodie dresses and I have fallen asleep in them they are so comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/GRACE-K.....ss_tl

Where does it hit knee wise? I’m 5’2/5’3

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:19 pm
I wear black nightgowns and when I need to I put on a sweatshirt on top. (the nightgown looks like a skirt under it)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics