Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
We're you poor for years and now living comfortable?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:55 pm
Married for 10 years and with all ups and downs basically struggling financially. Wondering if anyone had it that after so many years husband was finally matzliach? Can I dare be hopeful;)

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:00 am
At year 10 things changed. But we were working towards it. We did have a big ness with housing and a second income though.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:04 am
Yeshous Hashem Kaheref Ayin. Salvation from Hashem can come in the blink of an eye. Things can change in a flash.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:04 am
We were poor for many years. The first 6 or so years I wondered if my husband would ever be able to make a living. Failed badly at every job or 'business' he tried. Bh he went to school, got a degree in something he is good at and is now thriving.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:17 am
We were very poor for the first 5 years of our marriage. Bh at this point were married almost 10 years and we're very comfortable. We're far from wealthy but living comfortably within our means. Hashem has his ways, you just gotta believe and daven

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:18 am
Thank you! Gives me alot of chizzuk to hear this. Would love to hear more

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:21 am
Husband is failing job after job business after business although he is very smart. I don't want ideas cause I think we tried most... just wanna hear from people if at all possible to change;)

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:22 am
We were poor. Actually it was probably considered poverty stricken. Couldn’t pay tuition, utility bills… our house went into foreclosure… it was really bad.
I didn’t see how things could change but they did. We are not wealthy but we can pay our bills (!) now and buy nice clothing sometimes. Im grateful that the hard years were mostly when our kids were very young and they didn’t realize that their clothing either came from either Walmart or hand me downs. BH they aren’t dealing with no money for clothes now - thank you Hashem!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:27 am
Wow bh! Heartwarming

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:30 am
We were struggling for years and lived like paupers.

(Its not the answer you're looking for, but...)
Were still poor.
Yet, we learn Emunah & Bitochon, do out utmost Hishtadlus, and though we cannot make ends meet, we learned to buy whatever we need and Hashem will provide. Bh, somehow He does. We trust that Hashem will provide our needs. We buy all food and stuff we need for yom tov like a normal person, (of course not overdone) and bh Hashem provides the means for it somehow.
We did purchase fancy paper goods and a roast Lekoved yom tov, because this helps for my sanity.

For those who will bash me for being negligent or saying I can't be that poor, I'll say, don't judge before you've been in my very unfortunate situation for years. It's an ugly place to be in, may you never understand the pain. You can daven for a yeshuah in parnassa for all of us.

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Married for 10 years and with all ups and downs basically struggling financially. Wondering if anyone had it that after so many years husband was finally matzliach? Can I dare be hopeful;)

We are married for 12 years, and we were very very poor , for about 5-6 years , and then things picked up. Bh we were able to start saving money for a house that we were able to buy with no help from anyone, paid tuition, financed a decent car after driving a noisy jalopy, and we’re able to enjoy buying everything we needed plus a lot of things we ** wanted** without thinking twice. Although we are still making the same amount as we did when we were feeling financially secure, several years have passed, we have three more kids, tuition went up, we needed a second car, one of our kids needs several therapies each week, crazy inflation, and we are no longer comfortable. We’ve been feeling poor again since about 1.5 years ago. Bh it’s for good things (growing family) but I’m waiting for the tides to turn again like they did 6 years ago. I davened for that today.
Wishing you a lot of Hatzlacha, good Mazel is around the corner for you imyh

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:00 am
We were living on a shoestring for over 12 years and are bh very comfortable now. Nothing we did. Opportunities that were clearly sent by Hashem. Never give up!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:00 am
We didn’t have one dime for over ten years. Literally borrowing from Gemach or going into credit card debt to pay for food and rent. I never was able to buy any clothes in a Jewish store. Only sales at end of the season in children place or kohl’s etc. my husband had a bunch of jobs never made any $$$. I had extreme anxiety every time we needed to pay bills.

Now BH extremely comfortable. Numbers I never ever dreamed. What we made in a year we now make in a week.
Stay strong.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:13 am
Wow bh fuschia and others you are making me hopeful! Yes that's exact situation borrowing for food.. But really davening and hoping for things to turn around;) and happy to hear that after so many flops we could see ourselves out if this iyh. Yeshuas hashem kheref eyin as someone wrote.band to amother who is still poor unbelievable how strong you keep may the new year bring you tremendous good mazel

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:23 am
We were very poor and BH became significantly more comfortable after about 15 years of marriage. For us the change came when a wealthy relative who had not particularly been so generous with us decided to start paying our kids tuition for no apparent reason. Huge game changer. Suddenly we had money at the end of the month. Still far from wealthy, but still Incredible. It really can come in the blink of an eye from unexpected places. Tyh.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:15 am
We were very poor. Yeshuas Hashem ke'eref ayin, we became very comfortable. We pushed ourselves to help a family member and our life changed. Instead of taking handouts we became givers.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:17 am
Wow! Just wow. Can you explain naturally how it happened ( which of course is from hashem just the same) or was it something totally unexpected/miracle

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:49 am
My parents were very poor, literally had no money to buy food. That kind of poor.

But today they literally don’t know what to do with their money. Like so many posters, Hashem just sent opportunities and parnasah into their lives.

You can never know what’s in store for you down the line.

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:54 am
This is really giving me chizzuk. Married 10 years and very poor financially. (BH very rich in other ways) I was crying erev Yom Tov saying “why do I even think this year will be different?” And my mother responded “yeshuas Hashem keheref ayin!” AMEN!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:59 am
we were very poor no $ in bank. I got up went to food stamp office and applied right after that I got a full time job and things went up from there. I also do 2 side businesses which bring in some nice pocket change. I do my hishtadlus and the one above does the rest. We aren't "comfortable" we still go to gemachs for many items but we can B"H pay our bills and we were able to save some $ for a rainy day. DH works part time due to health issues trying to work our way out of that and for DH to work full time somewhere.

We don't own a house yet we are still trying to figure that out hopefully soon.

We have been off food stamps for many years and it's a great feeling. I do get tuition discounts but I was finally able to start putting it on auto pay instead of collecting from other people that I knew could help us out.

I do put in a lot of effort in davening and talking to Hashem and also in actually working a full time job.

a person can't sit with hands folded expecting money to rain down some sort of hishtadlus is needed as well as teffilah.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics