Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Making shidduchim in theU.K.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 10:40 am
Gmar Chasima Tovah to everyone.

I have noticed that there are a growing number of women that have joined here from the U.K.
With that in mind and that we are in the time of trying to do more Mitzvos, I have a selection of boys and girls looking for their Zivug. All different groups, young, not so young, haimishe litvish youngish men and ladies, a divorced lady etc.

If anyone on Imamother has names of people looking for shidduchim in the U.K. only, please respond to this post and let's see if at this Ais Rotzon, we can make some introductions.

Thank you.

#Happymom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 10:44 am
I know people, but I don't feel comfortable posting their names on a public forum

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 11:16 am
Happymom,

Please can I ask are you an official Shadchan or are there some contacts that you know personally looking for Shidduchim?

I am not an official Shadchan at all. I just know a number of people looking to get married.

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 11:19 am
We have a number of older working boys but I don't feel comfortable writing names. There is an organisation under agudas yisroel that help with shidduchim for older singles possible called invei hagefen

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 11:21 am
It's not ok to post names or even descriptions (where people can figure out who you are talking about) unless you have permission from the person. Not just here but also on any online chat or forum.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:14 pm
Would any of you be prepared to join a small what's app group to try to help with shidduchim?

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Would any of you be prepared to join a small what's app group to try to help with shidduchim?

I don't believe in those unless everyone is very scrupulous about getting permission from each single they post about. Unfortunately most people aren't. I've heard very upsetting stories from more than a few singles.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:51 pm
For myself, I have already started up organisations and know all about the absolute discretion that is needed.
I would be happy to do whatever is needed to try to get this started.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:51 pm
I know a few singles but I’m not sure what I’d the best way to go about this.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:56 pm
I know a single 26 year old lovely boy in the UK. Would love ideas

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:59 pm
I am not at all tech minded.

Would anyone who is interested to be involved know how to set up a what's app (in confidence)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:02 pm
Op Taupe,
I know of a single girl who is about 22 but I don't know your details so how do we proceed?

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:20 pm
I can set up a WhatsApp group but Yael needs to give consent that you are a legit poster.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics