Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Has anyone taken the new booster?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:54 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Why is staying on topic bizarre? Start a spin off.

Because like 99.9% of threads on this site, the discussion goes a little further then where the op started it.

Just saying that it certainly appears that you and the other poster who are pro booster are not explaining your reasoning because both of you know your reasoning is flawed and weak. There's no other rational reason I can think of why both of you would be so insistent to not explain yourself.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:55 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Why is staying on topic bizarre? Start a spin off.

I agree, it’s bizarre. Seems like you are avoiding…

fleetwood

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:55 pm
[quote="amother SandyBrown"]Just bizarre that you and fleetwood refuse to write 3 sentences explaining why taking the booster is a good idea.

We are all adults capable of having a rational friendly conversation.

I never said it's a good idea or bad idea. The question was did you take and if so any effects.
I answered hubby took it and is fine. I haven't taken it so I can't answer part 2.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:56 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Because like 99.9% of threads on this site, the discussion goes a little further then where the op started it.

Just saying that it certainly appears that you and the other poster who are pro booster are not explaining your reasoning because both of you know your reasoning is flawed and weak. There's no other rational reason I can think of why both of you would be so insistent to not explain yourself.

Point to where I wrote I am pro booster. I'll save you time..I never did.
In fact I never gave an opinion either way.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 12:58 pm
I actually thought the 8 mice comment was a joke...I just googled and it's true Surprised

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:00 pm

Yeah, and that's a reason spin offs are started for those really interested in having another discussion. Go for it!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:02 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....89703

Here is the spin off

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:04 pm
[quote="fleetwood"]
Just bizarre that you and fleetwood refuse to write 3 sentences explaining why taking the booster is a good idea.

We are all adults capable of having a rational friendly conversation.

I never said it's a good idea or bad idea. The question was did you take and if so any effects.
I answered hubby took it and is fine. I haven't taken it so I can't answer part 2.

Are you willing to give your opinion as to whether typical people should be taking 3 or 4 covid boosters?

fleetwood

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:06 pm
Are you willing to give your opinion as to whether typical people should be taking 3 or 4 covid boosters?

I'll do it if you all do it under your screen name

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:08 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
It’s just a media hype, but even if it was true, they all had Covid back in March 2020 when no vaccine was around anyway. What’s the point of taking that vaccine now? Not to get lasting affects from a virus that doesn’t affect anyone anymore in the first place?

Again, I wasn’t saying anything about the vaccine. You can say media hype all you want, but I KNOW people who are still suffering, myself included. I personally had covid 2x- once in January 2021 and once in January 2022. I never got vaccinated, nor do I plan on it. However, my feelings about the vaccine has nothing to do woth what long covid is or isn’t.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:10 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Yeah, and that's a reason spin offs are started for those really interested in having another discussion. Go for it!

So defensive. If someone would have responded that they got a booster and it's next door to a great Cafe that makes wonderful peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. From there other posters joined in stating where they feel is the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich Cafe is located. That's where someone will chime in and say to start a spinoff.

Asking why someone took the booster is very close to the original discussion and not spinoff worthy. I don't think you'll find a thread that is even 2 pages long that is still directly on the exact topic an op started.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:14 pm
fleetwood wrote:

It's so interesting that you are so into people stating their opinions under their screen name, yet you use your screen name and refuse to state your opinion.

I have family here that is very passionate about covid and the vaccines. I don't want to start an issue with them. That's why I don't want to comment under my screen name.

Why won't you give your opinion? I would disagree with you but still respect it.

Goldie613

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:16 pm
Wow this thread went places...

OK, in no particular order (because erev Rosh Hashanah tasks call, and I can't spend the time right now to answer posts one at a time) =

To those of you who answered my question or offered ideas re where to get more info - thank you.

On the idea of it preventing Covid - sigh...I think that one has unfortunately been disproven, but wouldn't it had been lovely if it had worked out that way? And no, I don't think anyone lied, science evolves, viruses mutate, and we are seeing this all in real time as opposed to just seeing a finished process after years of research. So yes, things shift, and we can all only take our best guess with the info we have at hand at the time.

Re long Covid - I know someone who was dealing with it and going to doctors for it even months later. It's terrible, not just because of the medical issues the person has, but I'm sure a lot of these people must hear from others how Covid is no big deal, while they sit there being sick and miserable courtesy of the side effects of Covid.

Me and vaccines - I'm pro them. I would like it better if there was more info on this one, as others have said there weren't any human trials before it was released, but yes, I plan to get it sooner than later. I'm fence sitting a bit as to whether or not I'll push family/household members this go around, since the current Covid variant is mild for most people. I do have relatives with various medical issues that mean their doctors are going to have them get it, but I'm not sure where everyone else in the mishpacha will fall.

Spinoff thread - thank you to those who suggested and started it. I was debating having a mod step in because I - like another poster - wasn't liking the idea that this was causing fights right before Rosh Hashanah, so think of this as you having added to your mitzvah pile by increasing shalom on this site Smile

Biden declaring it over - his medical people don't all agree on that. I feel like if he said "it's over for most people", "it's not at pandemic levels but still around", "if you're generally healthy you can go about your life, but be kind to those who medically can't do that" - I feel like all of that would have been more accurate. I'm not tossing in my political views (or lack thereof) when it comes to Covid, as I don't want to get this thread locked or shoved into politics.

One last thing - please try to be tolerant of those who see Covid differently than you. Yes, it's (for now, at least) milder than before. In practical terms, this means I've got family members who can basically live their lives with just being aware of what's going on in the area they are in, same as they would if everyone around them was catching strep or the flu. In that case they might be more aware and be a bit more careful so they hopefully wouldn't get sick right before the chagim, but that's the only impact on their lives. I've got other relatives with medical issues who really need to still be on top of things (masks, social distancing, hand sanitizing, etc) because this is what their doctors have said they need to do for their health. In other words, this isn't like the earliest days when everyone had to be careful, but for some people Covid is an ongoing reality. So yes, you will get variations within communities, and hopefully we can all get along anyway and be tolerant of each other Smile

Shanah Tovah everyone - may we all have good health in the coming year!

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:35 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I suspect people are not anxious to post anything covid-related under their screen name because they see the attitude and language used to attack posters like me who does post under my username.

Not surprising at all. If I recall correctly, words like "garbage" were used to describe information I posted about the vaccine and its effects. Not conducive to respectful dialogue.

So, noone on this forum should ever be surprised that people are not anxious to post under their screen name. The lack of respectful dialogue on imamother is, frankly, appalling.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics