Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
We're you poor for years and now living comfortable?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow! Just wow. Can you explain naturally how it happened ( which of course is from hashem just the same) or was it something totally unexpected/miracle

Its difficult to separate natural from miracle.
If I explain the way it actually happened then I am taking Hashem out of it.
If I explain the spiritual aspect, it is just guessing why Hashem blessed us.

I'll take a guess, perhaps it was being a Nachshon and stepping into the deep water, doing what made sense then even though it would perhaps be a hardship, and later on seeing that was the beginning of an inheritance, improved earning power and many other factors that came into place all unexpected, all minhashamayim.

On the other hand, I see other people who plan and save and get to the same place.

Please remember that money is one side and expenses are another side. We are not in control of either.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:39 am
year 1 dh was in the army I was in school

years 2-4 he was in university, I worked

years 5-7 he worked at a very low-pay job, I worked part-time and was in school part-time

year 8 he got a higher-paying job, I finished school and got a better-paying job, 2 relatives died and left us money. we went from thinking twice over whether to buy soda for shabbat to proper middle class with a car and after-school activities for the kids practically overnight.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:08 am
Hashem gives us everything we have. The first ten years we were very tight on money. Even so, somehow we had all our basic needs.

In the twelfth year Hashem sent much more parnassah. It led to us buying a house and moving to middle class life.

May every Jew have abundant blessings in every which way. May it lead to strength and closeness to God.

But yes. It’s possible to get alot of money at any time. It’s not contingent on anything except God deciding to do so.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:41 am
This thread is giving me hope, and a lot of Chizzuk.
Thank you!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:52 am
amother Celeste wrote:
This is really giving me chizzuk. Married 10 years and very poor financially. (BH very rich in other ways) I was crying erev Yom Tov saying “why do I even think this year will be different?” And my mother responded “yeshuas Hashem keheref ayin!” AMEN!

Amain Kein Yhei Ratzon! May you be blessed with Parnassa B'shefa and be able to help
Klal Yisrael

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:22 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Amain Kein Yhei Ratzon! May you be blessed with Parnassa B'shefa and be able to help
Klal Yisrael

Amen!

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 8:54 am
Dh & I grew up with our parents struggling financially always.
We both worked really hard to make ends meet. We lived hand to mouth for a long time & them about 4 yrs after we got married dh was offered a job that had long term potential if he worked really hard. Bh he was able to & he did & Hashem helped it all go well. Now bh we are comfortable. It was not overnight it took years of hard work. We are wealthy in all ways except financially but bh we are financially comfortable.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:17 am
My husband has a friend who was struggling financially. He literally had zero dollars. My husband would go to the tzedaka lines and pick up food for his friend because his friend was embarrassed to go himself. BH now this friend is very wealthy. He donates a lot to the organizations that had helped him.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:27 am
We had about five years when we spent more than we made, even though we really tried to be frugal. I just didn't walk into any stores aside from the grocery store. I didn't buy any clothing. We would go to the bakery half an hour before it closes when everything is 50% off.
My husband finished a professional certification but couldn't find work. He did a bunch of demeaning dead end low level jobs. I was working way over full time. Six days a week plus evenings.
Then he got one good break in the field he trained in. That led to referrals and more work b"H. After that we had one amazing year, when we were still living in a very small place with low rent and we really saved. B"H we were able to buy a house that year. And only because of that we are comfortable. Rising rents are not affecting us , our mortgage only went up slightly. We were hit very hard financially by corona but we made it through. B"H. We are comfortable.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 10:17 am
Wow these stories are giving me so much hope. Married 17 years and still struggling.
I almost did not want to celebrate RH or any other yom tov this year because we are below poor level at this point. I so badly wanted something new for myself or the kids, I was angry at DH for not being able to keep a proper job. He works so hard and so do I but the little we make is just constantly going back for cc and gemach payments. Every year we say this is the year Hashem is going to send us a miracle, this year we said it again and we’re going to believe it’s truly happening. We need to continue working hard and doing our part hopefully if hahsnem feels it’s right for us he will lift this financial burden.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:21 pm
Yes. It took a lot of hard work and giving up on some dreams (being a stay at home mom among other things).

It also took a lot of discipline to get out of debt and bh stay out of debt.-- and it was/is a huge avodah to think of materiality in the right ways. There's a lot of demands and pressures.

After many years, I'm in a much more comfortable place financially. (I'm in my 40s now)

I've also had a lot of suffering (not from being poor) and my family size isn't what I thought it would have been. I don't really want to hypothesize which challenges I'd wanted to have had. I trust Hashem sent me the kindest ones for me.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:20 pm
This thread is giving me such chizzuk as well. We have made all the right "choices" in life regarding jobs etc but are still very much barely coasting in the middle class. No real extras once tuition is charged each month. I feel bad even writing this when others struggle so much. I really hope and daven that we turn the corner soon with financial growth. I know Hashem just needs to say yes.

Please Hashem, please open up his eyes and motivate my husband to feel confidence in his worth.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:34 pm
Sometimes you need to play the hand you were dealt

We were absolutely destitute for tge first 20 years of our marriage
It really frustrated me because my husband is very gifted and educated
Collel is his comfort zone so he isnt leaving anytime soon

About 10 years ago I was forced to accept reality.
Our children grew up, so we didnt need to rent a house
So we moved to a 1 bedroom apt, and I took a job that I never thought I would be doing in a million years

Bh we are far from rich, but at least we arent dirt poor

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:38 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Sometimes you need to play the hand you were dealt

We were absolutely destitute for tge first 20 years of our marriage
It really frustrated me because my husband is very gifted and educated
Collel is his comfort zone so he isnt leaving anytime soon

About 10 years ago I was forced to accept reality.
Our children grew up, so we didnt need to rent a house
So we moved to a 1 bedroom apt, and I took a job that I never thought I would be doing in a million years

Bh we are far from rich, but at least we arent dirt poor

Am I the only one not understanding this thread? So some people did become better off but there are plenty who don’t. How does knowing someone else got wealthier help someone who’s not and may never be?

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:48 pm
amother Linen wrote:
Am I the only one not understanding this thread? So some people did become better off but there are plenty who don’t. How does knowing someone else got wealthier help someone who’s not and may never be?

I understood this thread , as motovational
Never give up , as long as you are living there is always hope that your matzav will imprive, even just a lttle

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:49 pm
My friend was dirt poor for years and years and is now filthy rich.
Never stop believing. Yeshuahs hashem kheref ayin. Her story has been a huge source of Chizzuk.
Wishing all of you and Klal Yisroel a year of abundance financially and in all other aspects.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:04 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
My friend was dirt poor for years and years and is now filthy rich.
Never stop believing. Yeshuahs hashem kheref ayin. Her story has been a huge source of Chizzuk.
Wishing all of you and Klal Yisroel a year of abundance financially and in all other aspects.

And I know a few people well who were very wealthy and lost almost everything. What’s the po8nt? It can go either way. There are no guarantees and each person has their own matzav that Hashem wants for them.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:29 pm
amother Linen wrote:
And I know a few people well who were very wealthy and lost almost everything. What’s the po8nt? It can go either way. There are no guarantees and each person has their own matzav that Hashem wants for them.

I dont understand what you are trying to say
With this atitude a person will chas v shalim lose their desire to live
We are required to constantly make our histadlus to improve our lot

If we arent sucessful financially, its because something else is better for us
Sometimes we are priviledged to see why here
Sometimes we need to wait till olam haemes

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:33 pm
amother Linen wrote:

People are looking for hope, not guarantees.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics