Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me figure out a maternity gown please!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 10:03 pm
Hi! I have my sisters wedding when I will be in my third trimester iyh. I live OOT so no easy access to gown Gemach’s, and I definitely don’t want to spend a ton of money ($100-200 range hopefully). I’m looking on asos and pink blush maternity for different gown ideas, but I’m not so sure of what type of work can realistically be done to a gown.

When people say they “build up the neckline” how does that work? I saw some pretty gowns with plunging or v-necks. Is there a way to make those tznius and pretty? Let’s say with something like this:

https://www.asos.com/asos-desi.....15156

How about color? Is it possible to dye a gown the right color to match the family theme? The wedding colors are navy and emerald green..

If a gown isn’t officially maternity but looks high waisted and flowy, is it worth trying? Or better to stick with official maternity that far along?

If any of you happen to know of any pretty maternity gowns in dark greens/navy’s feel free to post them!

Thanks!!

Editing to add that I wear about size a 12/L in general when not in maternity. In maternity clothing so far it ranges between M and L, depending on the cut.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 10:56 pm
I would buy maternity only at that point. I would look for a shell that matches/coordinates instead of spending time and $ building up. I did this with a silvery gray ASOS gown- got a shell that was basically the same color, from a local store.
I would not plan to dye a gown. Navy and emerald should be easy enough to find.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:03 pm
Seraphine has a beautiful navy chiffon gown with tie at the neck. Sleeveless.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:59 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
I would buy maternity only at that point. I would look for a shell that matches/coordinates instead of spending time and $ building up. I did this with a silvery gray ASOS gown- got a shell that was basically the same color, from a local store.
I would not plan to dye a gown. Navy and emerald should be easy enough to find.

Thanks! Very helpful!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:00 pm
amother Amber wrote:
Seraphine has a beautiful navy chiffon gown with tie at the neck. Sleeveless.

I feel like I wouldn’t be able to pull off that look with a shell, but thanks for the idea.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:39 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
https://www.asos.com/us/maya/maya-bridesmaid-long-sleeve-maxi-tulle-dress-with-tonal-delicate-sequin-in-navy/prd/201393775?affid=25902&_cclid=Google_CjwKCAjw4c-ZBhAEEiwAZ105RTrHzN0tXx4b-wx1SyNEVry9tlMlV2UeXaRZe8VJ1ZGom4NRDDzgRxoCWMYQAvD_BwE&channelref=product+search&mk=abc&ppcadref=11302983040%7c111197600375%7cpla-294682000766&cpn=11302983040&gclid=CjwKCAjw4c-ZBhAEEiwAZ105RTrHzN0tXx4b-wx1SyNEVry9tlMlV2UeXaRZe8VJ1ZGom4NRDDzgRxoCWMYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.pinkblushmaternity.....D_BwE

https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Lin.....=3859

Thanks for the direct links!
The asos one I don’t love, but I will try it if nothing else pans out. The one from pink blush I actually ordered today! Hoping it won’t be way too big though, they only have size large left…
Jjshouse I never heard of. Pretty gown but not sure if it will work at 8 months pregnant. I’m going to explore the website a bit though!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics