Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is Cleveland as great as he thinks it is? + Waterbury Info
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 6:41 am
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
I got curious from all the Waterbury conversation here and went searching online - the houses for sale seem so cheap!

Is this area considered that much out of town that the prices drop that much compared to NYC? Given that there's a large Jewish community there, I hadn't realized cheap housing was possible.

Or am I missing something, like certain areas are more run down, or that any cheap houses need serious work?

It seems like houses there are about half the price of the Jewish areas in NYC What

There's only one house for sale in the frum area online right now which I posted above and is an amazing price even if it needs to be converted to a one fam. Most of them are sold privately through brokers.

The houses are old in the main area. Some are run down some not. They all have beautiful features that can be restored. But people here also don't care and have guests and make playdates run down houses and all. Not really any judgement over that. The ones that sold most recently were on the smaller side for 450 and 475 so it's rising quickly.

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 6:46 am
Op, just reread the first post.

The housing is not new in Cleveland. The houses were mostly built in the 30s 40s 50s

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 6:47 am
I haven't been following the whole conversation, but the house property tax seem like a joke in comparison to houses in Monsey

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 7:08 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
There's only one house for sale in the frum area online right now which I posted above and is an amazing price even if it needs to be converted to a one fam. Most of them are sold privately through brokers.

The houses are old in the main area. Some are run down some not. They all have beautiful features that can be restored. But people here also don't care and have guests and make playdates run down houses and all. Not really any judgement over that. The ones that sold most recently were on the smaller side for 450 and 475 so it's rising quickly.

Just have to respond to the first line- most houses sold in the frum area never make it to zillow..they are sold by word of mouth/ through frum agents very quickly.
The specific one you're talking about is currently owned by non jews, using a non Jewish broker, so it's listed.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 7:16 am
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
Just have to respond to the first line- most houses sold in the frum area never make it to zillow..they are sold by word of mouth/ through frum agents very quickly.
The specific one you're talking about is currently owned by non jews, using a non Jewish broker, so it's listed.

Yes I meant listed publicly, since op or someone was asking about all the prices she saw. That house is a steal. The broker doesn't realize what a gem he has.

The best way to get an idea of the prices is to search Zillow for what was recently sold, within the frum area. That will have all the properties, even the ones not originally posted for sale publicly.

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 7:49 am
Houses in Blue Ridge that have sold in the past year were all under 400k thought I'm not sure if there are currently any on the market, or what the current costs are to build a new house there.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 9:21 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Thanks for letting me know! I will check that out. Do you know about how much rentals are in that area?

Not specifically, especially if there's few kids, but at first glance the houses looked cheaper and is closer to his workplace (Case Western).

I think you should definitely come and check it out. Ask for connections and see if you can stay with a chabad family in Beachwood. I feel like there's more happening (for you/kids), nice pretty houses etc. It's important to come and get a feel. That's what we die when we came here so just sharing my personal experiences Smile

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:16 pm
Bumping up in case anyone is looking at Waterbury and the off-market houses are too $$$, there's a house on the border of the frum area where the owners are super desperate to sell, they knocked the price down to $299k today. Not so long ago there was just one family on that block but it's changing pretty quickly. I don't think the price will skyrocket, but it's an excellent deal per square foot.

There are 3 frum maybe 4 families on the 400s block and 6 families in the 500s. And if you cross the street to chapman, there are 4 more families clustered. The corner house is also for sale, maybe someone frum will buy it. I don't think south of there will turn so you def need to be OK living on a border. but that street itself is safe and nice looking.

The broker is obviously clueless re jews based on the open house time so call a frum broker and have them be a cobroker.

https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 9:54 pm
OP I don't know where u r holding in your decision but I have lived in Cleveland for a number of years and I wanted to chime in on everything u said in yr posts. If u can, pm me. I want to tell u smthing about a possible kollel for ur husband

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 6:15 am
ProudMommie wrote:
OP I don't know where u r holding in your decision but I have lived in Cleveland for a number of years and I wanted to chime in on everything u said in yr posts. If u can, pm me. I want to tell u smthing about a possible kollel for ur husband

Hi, thanks for reaching out! We actually checked out both Waterbury and Cleveland, and while both seem like great places, we'll be moving to a closer in-town community Very Happy
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating