Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Refreezing?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:00 pm
We ended with a lot of leftovers this yom tov including particularly chicken,roast and salmon that were defrosted while raw and then cooked. Can I refreeze them safely?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:02 pm
I froze everything before chag (made everything thursday) defrosted for chag, and after chag froze everything again. Its all fine.
Salmon, chicken, ziti, kugel.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:09 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I froze everything before chag (made everything thursday) defrosted for chag, and after chag froze everything again. Its all fine.

Thank you! In the case of the roast especially some of these things are treats that I splurge on only a few times a year and I would have hated to throw it out.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
We ended with a lot of leftovers this yom tov including particularly chicken,roast and salmon that were defrosted while raw and then cooked. Can I refreeze them safely?

Totally fine to freeze
Best to freeze in portions if possible

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:43 pm
amother OP wrote:

This is not even refreezing in the culinary sense. Refreezing is cooking something, freezing, defrosting and then freezing the cooked item again.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:46 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

So you freeze things twice?? Even fish?! I’ve heard that’s very unhealthy

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:22 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
So you freeze things twice?? Even fish?! I’ve heard that’s very unhealthy
What we are healthy so far. I refreeze things all the time.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 7:53 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
This is not even refreezing in the culinary sense. Refreezing is cooking something, freezing, defrosting and then freezing the cooked item again.

This.
You can freeze the items in your example.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking