Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Jeweled Roasted Salmon With Herbs & Tahini Sauce

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:38 pm
This was simple to make but what a beautiful presentation it made. As the notes indicate you can serve it at room temperature so would be easy to make ahead and then just decorate

JEWELED ROASTED SALMON WITH HERBS

Excerpt From: Bonnie Stern - Don't Worry, Just Cook

Serves 6 to 8

I was trying to plan something to cook for one of my first virtual classes when I stumbled upon a bright, colorful photo of salmon covered in “jewels,” on Instagram @laineskitchen and I was inspired. The jewels I am using here are pomegranate seeds, orange suprèmes (see note on this page), rose petals, and pistachios. Other fresh fruit such as cherries, grapes, apricots, or berries can be used along with dried cherries, and apricots (especially the sour ones). This dish is always a hit, whether I serve it hot with rice or at room temperature with salad. I like to cook a large piece of salmon whole because the fish stays juicier, but you can also make this using individual fillets, and you can substitute any thick fish, like halibut or cod, for the salmon.

2½ lb boneless, skinless salmon fillet, thick center cut if possible
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp grated lemon or lime peel
Sprigs of fresh thyme
⅔ cup Tahini Yogurt (this page)

Jewel Topping

1 cup combination of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, flat-leaf parsley, dill, and mint + whole sprigs
1 tsp kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp grated orange peel
⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
¼ cup chopped pistachios or coarsely chopped roasted almonds (or a combination)
3 oranges peeled and cut into suprèmes (see note on this page)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried rose petals, optional

Tahini Yogurt Sauce

Makes ⅔ cup

⅓ cup pure tahini
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp kosher salt + more to taste
⅓ cup thick yogurt or labneh

1. Blend all the ingredients together with a whisk or in a food processor or blender. Season to taste with salt. This tahini yogurt is great served with roasted vegetables, or under or on top of a salad.”

1. Place the salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Combine the olive oil with the honey, salt, pepper to taste, and lemon peel. Rub into the salmon and let it rest at room temperature for up to 30 minutes, or longer in the refrigerator. Top with the sprigs of fresh thyme once it has marinated.

2. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Roast the salmon for 10 to 15 minutes, or until just cooked when pressed in the center with the back of a spoon or until an instant-read thermometer registers 140°F to 145°F when inserted into the thickest part. Remove the sprigs of fresh thyme and discard.

3. Coat the salmon with the yogurt tahini sauce.

4. For the jewel topping, sprinkle with the chopped fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and orange peel. Then top with the pomegranate seeds, nuts, orange suprèmes, and sprigs of fresh herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with dried rose petals, if using.

NOTE: If barbecuing the salmon, leave the skin on and coat both sides of the whole piece with a few tablespoons of mayonnaise to help prevent sticking.

relaxation

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:45 pm
looks delicious ! Thanks !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics