Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
I'm asking because... (s/o shidduch questions)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 8:14 am
This is like part 2 of that thread Smile. One person states a strange/unreasonable shidduch reference question. The next person continues with "I'm asking because..." and gives a reason that the question would be a good one. Even if it's something imaginary and unrealistic Smile
Ex:
Ima A: do they use real China or disposable plates?
Ima B: I'm asking because my son has an airborne allergy to the coating on plastic plates.
Does she wear heels or flats?
Ima C: I'm asking because he has a tendency to trip over his feet and wants to make sure he's not likely to trip her as well.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 1:46 pm
Will she be mad if her husband forgets to come home at night? Till really late…

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 1:58 pm
I'm asking because it's really important for my son's mental health to be able to shmooze with his friends till four am. No, shmoozing with his wife won't be the same.

Will she care if he smokes a carton of cigarettes a day?

nightingale1

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 2:08 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Will she be mad if her husband forgets to come home at night? Till really late…

Was going to say asking because he has a night job, but “forget”-asking because he’s a super masmid and gets totally focused on his learning to the point where he loses track of time

Is she the type to stack the plates when clearing? Or one by one?

Living Princess

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 2:13 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
I'm asking because it's really important for my son's mental health to be able to shmooze with his friends till four am. No, shmoozing with his wife won't be the same.

Will she care if he smokes a carton of cigarettes a day?

I'm not asking because he smokes a carton a day ch"v, he would never waste that much time, but I want to make sure she's not the type to be her husband's Mashgiach and she trusts him to make the best decisions for his emational and physical health

Living Princess

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 2:17 pm
nightingale1 wrote:
Was going to say asking because he has a night job, but “forget”-asking because he’s a super masmid and gets totally focused on his learning to the point where he loses track of time

Is she the type to stack the plates when clearing? Or one by one?

I'm asking because he's a super sensitive guy unbelievable Middos and he needs a super sensitive girl who know that a guy needs quiet sometimes and the sound of clanking dishes can really be painful at times

PS when we rented our first apartment in Israel our landlord checked that I don't wear clogs before signing as they were living directly below us and the previous tenant wore clogs and he couldn't take the noise!

Living Princess

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 2:29 pm
Would he mind if she buys takeout every so often?

Amaranth

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:28 pm
I'm asking because she wants to make sure she can take off supper responsibilities every once in a while so she shouldn't get too stressed.
Is she the type to use a toweling robe after the bath? Or only a regular towel?

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:30 pm
Living Princess wrote:
Would he mind if she buys takeout every so often?

It's not that he's cheap, cvs,I'm just asking because he really takes kashrus very seriously and would hold his wife in such high esteem he would only eat her (and my) food, and I only show love to my children through feeding them so it's his love language too.

Amaranth

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:30 pm
I mean , does she even take baths? Or is she more of a shower girl

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:33 pm
M J wrote:
I'm asking because she wants to make sure she can take off supper responsibilities every once in a while so she shouldn't get too stressed.
Is she the type to use a toweling robe after the bath? Or only a regular towel?

It's not that he would ever even think about her bathing or anything not tznius like that, in fact, I'm asking because he'd rather she not use a toweling robe so he doesn't know she's bathed so he doesn't think about it. In fact, it would be better if she did take a bath and not a shower so he doesn't have to hear so much running water while she's in the bathroom and be reminded that she's bathing.

Do any of your married children have in laws with medical conditions?

nightingale1

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:41 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
It's not that he would ever even think about her bathing or anything not tznius like that, in fact, I'm asking because he'd rather she not use a toweling robe so he doesn't know she's bathed so he doesn't think about it. In fact, it would be better if she did take a bath and not a shower so he doesn't have to hear so much running water while she's in the bathroom and be reminded that she's bathing.

Do any of your married children have in laws with medical conditions?

I’m asking because I have a medical condition and I want to make sure she knows what the reality of dealing with that is like, it’s hard on the whole family.

What size is she?

top mom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:55 pm
nightingale1 wrote:
I’m asking because I have a medical condition and I want to make sure she knows what the reality of dealing with that is like, it’s hard on the whole family.

What size is she?

I'm only asking because I love shopping for my ddils, so that information would be pertinent.
Size makes absolutely no difference in our super open minded family, I barely mind that my super skinny Dil gained some weight post partum.

Does she daven mincha every day?

Amaranth

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 4:05 pm
I'm asking because our ezras noshim is looking for a tenth woman to complete our mincha minyan.

Amaranth

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 4:06 pm
did she ever wear hand-me-downs as a child?

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 4:09 pm
top mom wrote:
I'm only asking because I love shopping for my ddils, so that information would be pertinent.
Size makes absolutely no difference in our super open minded family, I barely mind that my super skinny Dil gained some weight post partum.

Does she daven mincha every day?

I'm only asking because, as I mentioned before, he really prefers to eat only food made by his wife (and me) and also he will require fresh and manually checked produce at all his meals, especially romaine and broccoli. She needs to have time to do focus on her cooking without being distracted by tefillah.

Does she have any allergies?

top mom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 4:31 pm
M J wrote:
did she ever wear hand-me-downs as a child?

And - sorry couldn't resist - how did you go about acquiring the above mentioned hand me downs, hopefully not from a random stranger Wink

top mom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 4:34 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I'm only asking because, as I mentioned before, he really prefers to eat only food made by his wife (and me) and also he will require fresh and manually checked produce at all his meals, especially romaine and broccoli. She needs to have time to do focus on her cooking without being distracted by tefillah.

Does she have any allergies?

I'm asking because we have perfect genes, so no allergies here bh, I want to know whom to blame in case one of our darling grandchildren ch"v develops an allergy.

Does she tend to oversleep?

Amaranth

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 4:38 pm
I'm asking because he always oversleeps and he doesn't wanna be made to feel bad about it. They have to be on the same page, you know.

How wide are her feet?

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 4:55 pm
M J wrote:
I'm asking because he always oversleeps and he doesn't wanna be made to feel bad about it. They have to be on the same page, you know.

How wide are her feet?

I need to make sure that they are wide enough to support all the weight she carries with back to back twin/triplet IVF pregnancies. I want many, many eyniklekhn ASAP, no time for nature to take it’s course.GO, GO, GO!!!

Where does her Alter Bubbie get her shaital?
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics