Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Teen Dd's hair is paralyzing her
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 9:19 pm
Proaddiction or silk touch. Works wonders.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 9:32 pm
A lot of suggestions won’t work if she has thin hair. I have thin and frizzy hair and using products would make my hair oily. Thin hair gets oily very fast. She should for sure use conditioner on the ends (only) and the best thing out there for frizzy hair is a hair iron.

Goldie613

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:05 am
Is this new for her, or was she worried a bit about her looks last year too?

Is the school very looks focused, dressy and stressful? It may be that this school may not be the best fit for her. Sad

I know you said she doesn't want to talk to a stranger, but what about a school guidance counselor to start with, if her school has one? Or her pediatrician, who has probably been part of her life since birth? What about a favorite teacher or principal from her last school?

If her hair poofs a lot, she can wet it the night before and then tie it back in a braid or bun while she sleeps. No knots in the morning, and it will (hopefully) just have a bit of a wave in the morning without a ton of mess.

One last thought - how would you and her feel about going to a hairdresser/stylist and paying for a cut or consultation? Some styles hold waves better without the frizz, some cuts may suit her better and lead to less morning stress. Actually, something as simple as changing her part may lead to less ponytail bumps Smile

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:34 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Get her a hair treatment. Pro addiction is the keratin treatment popular here. It will make the hair more manageable.

But that only takes care of the hair.

Then you have to help her deal with being ok with who she is and how she is. Also. Does she have friends?

Is this something that can be done at home by yourself?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics