Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Warmest winter coat for 10-year-old

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:18 am
Which is the one of the warmest winter coats for a 10-year-old. My daughter is always cold. The last coat she got was an appaman.
She wanted something that was printed and not just one color but I need it to be super warm. Which other companies have coats that are generally really really warm?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:20 am
Gap warmest coats are very warm.
Scotch Bonnet coats are also warm.
I think Abercrombie coats are also warm. Appaman short coats are not down. Any real down coat should be warm. She can wear a sweater under her coat for extra warmth.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:24 am
Lands end and llbean sort them by warmth. They're not "cool" but they're the warmest

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:26 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
I think Abercrombie coats are also warm. Appaman short coats are not down. Any real down coat should be warm. She can wear a sweater under her coat for extra warmth.

Thanks. I will check out Scotch bonnet, but I've never had a good experience with gap coats and I've tried a few times.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:27 am
amother Gray wrote:
Lands end and llbean sort them by warmth. They're not "cool" but they're the warmest

Thank you. I'm going to check it out.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:49 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:

When did appaman stop making all down coats? The ones we've been using are all down, but granted we have not bought new ones in a few years (they've been passed down).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:51 am
ra_mom wrote:
When did appaman stop making all down coats? The ones we've been using are all down, but granted we have not bought new ones in a few years (they've been passed down).

I believe the one my daughter has been using. It's all down but it's a few years old. She grew out of it or I need to get her a new one

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 9:40 am
My (adult) coat from Land's End is super warm. I assume their kids coats are comparable. Mine is very very very warm. I hate hate hate winter cold and it makes me toasty.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 9:44 am
ra_mom wrote:

Appaman short coats are not down. Only their long coats are down. Online, by the coats that are down, it's says "long down coats". The rest of the coats are not down.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 9:44 am
Technically Canada goose and moncler. But you probably won’t want to spend that much on a kid.
Molo is supposed to be super warm as well but dd didn’t want it as she said it’s boyish. We ended up with scotch bonnet.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 9:46 am
Any fitted coat is warmer than bomber style I have learned the hard way. Fur inside might also help.
Pramie coats (little loungers has them online) are down and worth the price.
There is a company feurings that makes long coats with fur inside.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:07 am
Check Uniqlo they started making down for kids

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:09 am
Lands End warmest coat

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:22 pm
Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it! Going to.look now and order one!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics