Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bingo Meats & poultry

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:04 am
Does Bingo have good meat and poultry? I want to shop there for yom tov but people are saying that their meat is not good. If you get meat there, what's your experience with their meat and poultry? TIA

gande

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:07 am
It perfectly fine.

mamaleh

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:38 am
We are very happy with the meat and chicken from bingo in Lakewood (I don’t know if they are all the same). I often recommend them to others. Chicken is usually cleaner than any I’ve gotten elsewhere and meat is good quality.

lora

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:44 am
yes, the meat is very good quality. I've used roasts or steaks from there and not only is it perfect, I think they have pretty accurate cuts unlike some other butchers that mess up the cuts of meats and names.

jflower

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:47 am
I buy mostly chicken thighs, chicken tops and cutlets. Very soft and delicious. Bingo Brooklyn.

Last edited by jflower on Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:47 am
I don't like it at the Monsey bingo. I find it very very fatty and not fresh personally.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:51 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
I don't like it at the Monsey bingo. I find it very very fatty and not fresh personally.

Thank you. I'm in Monsey, I wonder if all locations have the same meat. Maybe in Brooklyn and Lakewood, the meat is better.
I did see yellow chicken cutlets once when I was there.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:56 am
In Lakewood I find the chicken to be larger pieces and a little dryer but still good and tasty

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 11:00 am
Their chickens are free range chickens (Birdsboro) so it has a slightly more tough consistency than other places . But I buy it any way. It’s much cheaper.
I don’t buy roasts there , I prefer Evergreen or even All Fresh for meat.

nicole81

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 12:13 pm
In my experience, the roasts are mislabeled. If you know your meat well, then you'll be fine. But, for example, they had french roast (under blade) on sale so I sent my husband to get me a 4 lb roast. I take the package out of the fridge the next day and I could tell it clearly was mislabeled. I opened it up to inspect and it was a silver tip (shoulder roast). These are two entirely different cuts of beef that are best with entirely different types of cooking methods and preparations. They look so entirely different, too, so it shouldn't have been mistaken. I had to change everything up last minute, and I was disappointed bc I was planning on slicing and freezing for later, and I don't eat reheated silver tip.

We still shop there but my husband will send me pictures of roasts and if I can't tell from the pics that it's labeled correctly, he doesn't buy. This happened to me a few times; usually the cut was a decent substitute but that silver tip made me lose all faith in their roasts. If you don't know how to identify cuts of beef, I would not recommend buying there.

No issues with chicken.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics