Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What color gel manicure for sukkos
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:41 pm
Pink can definitely be a winter color, just go for a mauve-y pink.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:49 pm
Burgundy in Lakewood is better than hot hink in Boro Park, but not as good as periwinkle in the 5 Towns. That being said, mauve is slightly better in Flatbush than in Queens, but both aren't as good as indigo in Toms River.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 4:33 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Burgundy in Lakewood is better than hot hink in Boro Park, but not as good as periwinkle in the 5 Towns. That being said, mauve is slightly better in Flatbush than in Queens, but both aren't as good as indigo in Toms River.

And nothing is as bad as clear in Williamsburg LOL

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 5:43 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Right now I'm loving a long almond shaped nail with a very sheer natural polish. Something so manicured but effortless about it. I use OPI love is in the bare.

If I want this look how would I describe it to the manicurist? And how do they get an almond shape? Do I need long nails for that ? I hate the feel of long nails

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 5:44 pm
amother Iris wrote:

Lol ha

I just meant that I don’t think it’s out of style in yeshivish Lakewood, it just was never in because I’m pretty sure they stay away from all dark colors.

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 5:48 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Right now I'm loving a long almond shaped nail with a very sheer natural polish. Something so manicured but effortless about it. I use OPI love is in the bare.

Love this look.
(I can’t have my nails too long though, I find myself scratching my kids accidentally when holding them etc…)

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
To go with all my winter outfits… blacks neutrals some greens and pinks…

I don’t wear bright red. I’m hesitant to wear burgundy; I live in Lakewood in a orchos chain type of neighborhood. Would that fly?

Pink is too summary. No gray or black. White doesn’t look good on me…

OP do a google search for images of nails painted these colors (they exist, I just checked). See if a nice soft pinkish Taupe is what you'd like. Its definitely a color, but not too dark, in my opinion. And its classy and looks beautiful with everything.

OPI-tickle my francy
Essie- Ladylike
Essie-Taupe of the Line

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:16 pm
My go to color is lady like
I bought a bottle and bring it to the manicurist
It so neutral and not too dark or too light

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:50 pm
Green is very big this season- especially a darker shade ie hunter.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:55 pm
opi Aber Green

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 2:31 pm
No idea what works in Lakewood, but for a neutral, wintery look, try a deep beige.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:19 pm
For sukkos? Avocado green, old gold, burnt orange, and beigey-brown to go with the harvest theme.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:23 pm
Hey, you people suggesting green--are you for real???? I was being sarcastic!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 11:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lol why do you say that?
I’m watching my baby in the bathtub
I should be saying tehillim I admit

I do feel grateful that I have this time today to relax. And I am looking forward to treating myself before yom tov after all the cooking and cleaning

I accidentally clicked on this thread... Can't give you advice since I know nothing about nail polish but this post struck me. You can't say tehillim in the bathroom while watching your baby anyway, so don't feel guilty 😜

amother
Aster

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 11:08 pm
amother Iris wrote:

Aren't you forgetting Outa Town?
Nobody loves us Hi

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 11:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lol ha

I just meant that I don’t think it’s out of style in yeshivish Lakewood, it just was never in because I’m pretty sure they stay away from all dark colors.
Yes it’s mostly pale neutral colors, very natural looking in the more traditionally yeshivish circles.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:25 am
https://I.imgur.com/IRoSHLF.jpg

Are these natural nails or did they add acrylic tips or something?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:34 am
amother OP wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/IRoSHLF.jpg

Are these natural nails or did they add acrylic tips or something?

I think these are tips/acrylics. Look at the arc on the nail - natural nails are flatter (not talking about the shape, talking about the height off of the nail bed)

But this is a gorgeous color idea for Sukkos that can be done on natural nails too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:37 am
amother Peach wrote:
I think these are tips/acrylics. Look at the arc on the nail - natural nails are flatter (not talking about the shape, talking about the height off of the nail bed)

But this is a gorgeous color idea for Sukkos that can be done on natural nails too.

Will any salon know how to do this?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:42 am
amother OP wrote:
Will any salon know how to do this?

Why not? It's a regular almond shaped nail with French tips. Just tell them you want a different color for the tip, not white. It's not a complicated design. You can show them the picture too.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics