Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey parks & playgrounds

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:51 pm
I live on a quiet, private street in Monsey. There's a development on my block, my only neighbors.
I haven't ever used their park because I feel like they paid for it and pay for the maintenance. They also have a sign stating that it's for residents only.
When I passed by today, one of the kids there said that the park was paid by the town, as a neighborhood park however, they don't want anyone to come and they put up the sign.
Does this make sense? Does the town pay for parks in a development? Can I search for town sponsored parks online? If it is indeed paid by the town, I guess it's for my family too.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:56 pm
There should be a list with the parks in the county.
Maybe call the town hall to inquire if it's a park paid by the county.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:36 pm
Look it up here http://www.ramapoparks.org/pag......html

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:44 pm
The playground at the Elm Street development is a public playground. The one at the Corner Street (Union/Viola) is public as well but the residents send away anyone that doesn't live there. They claim it's their playground. They don't pay for maintenance and didn't pay for the park.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:49 pm
amother White wrote:
The playground at the Elm Street development is a public playground. The one at the Corner Street (Union/Viola) is public as well but the residents send away anyone that doesn't live there. They claim it's their playground. They don't pay for maintenance and didn't pay for the park.

I don't live close by at all, but I would definitely go and come with a print out handy of the town public parks, if they try to play that on me. A public park is for everyone! I live next to a park and I would never dream of telling anyone they can't play there. All kids should be welcomed to come and enjoy a park.
A private park would be a different story.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 12:32 pm
amother White wrote:

Is there a list of these types of parks that should be public? I'm not referring to the ones you mentioned.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 12:51 pm
Any recommendations of local parks with nice amount of playgrounds suitable for 3 yo?

bcb

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 12:56 pm
Is this playground right off nancy ln?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 1:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there a list of these types of parks that should be public? I'm not referring to the ones you mentioned.

Did you look at the link I posted to Ramapo park and recreation site?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:05 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
Any recommendations of local parks with nice amount of playgrounds suitable for 3 yo?

Very sad that they’ll do that, but I wouldn’t want to take my kids to a park we’d be unwelcome in. The following are some great parks that anyone can enjoy
Childrens park in Chestnut Ridge, besen park, Eugene levy Park

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 8:39 am
I live in suffern and one park is for suffern residence only while the other park is a public park.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating