Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is Target Kendamil kosher?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 11:44 am
My baby’s been doing great on chalav Yisrael kendamil but it’s currently out of stock everywhere. I’ve heard of people using the kendamil sold at target and saying it’s chalav stam but I’ve checked the can and it doesn’t have a kashrus symbol as far as I can see. Anyone have evidence of it being kosher?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:13 pm
On this formula
https://www.target.com/p/kenda.....aw.ds

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:23 pm
I posted this in the other thread
It says it’s kosher on the KLBD list (KLBD is one of the biggest uk hechsher I think it’s pretty similar standard to OU)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:35 pm
Thanks!

I don’t see the KLBD symbol on the can though. Does the hechsher normally indicate that they certified a product by putting their symbol on the product? That’s how all of the hechsherim in the US work so I’m confused.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 1:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!

I don’t see the KLBD symbol on the can though. Does the hechsher normally indicate that they certified a product by putting their symbol on the product? That’s how all of the hechsherim in the US work so I’m confused.

Sometimes they have the logo but most products they approve they will just say on their list

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 7:58 am
Thank you so much for the lead, Quince and Apricot! I checked the KLBD product list for kendamil at https://www.kosher.org.uk/koshersearch and saw it’s listed as being kosher when sold in the UK. I then emailed I see the chat feature on their website to email them asking if Kendamil Classic First Infant is kosher when sold in Target stores in the US and they responded a few hours later saying that “ Kendamil Classic First Infant sold in the USA is KLBD Certified Dairy (non Chalav Yisrael) even if it does not have the KLBD logo.”

So glad I’ll be able to keep feeding my baby kendamil, he’s really been loving it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics