Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Iso actual "stainless" steel pots and pans set

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 8:10 am
I used to use uniware brand (not sure where I got it) and it lasted many years with the pot barely becoming black on the bottom. I recently got a uniware stainless steel from amazon (its interesting that that the logo on the pot was written differently) and already in a month the bottom is scorching.

Wanted to know if anyone has any reccomendations (online preffered) ?

Live in Brooklyn

SG18

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:39 am
Use Barkeeper's Friend with steel wool after each use. Keeps pots looking brand new!

zaq

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 11:59 am
Sounds as if you're cooking on too high a flame and burning the food so it sticks to the pot. Any good scouring powder or steel wool and a bit of elbow grease will remove the residue. You can even use baking soda. It could take a few sessions to get rid of it all. You could also use lye-based oven cleaner, not that I recommend this method. It works like a charm, but why use something so dangerously corrosive when you don't have to?

Unless your pots are exceptionally cheap, they won't rust --which is, btw, what is meant by "stainless." The German term "Rostfrei" is more accurate. Stainless steel will develop rainbow-colored marks when used with very high heat, and of course if you burn food or fail to scrub well after cooking, residue will stick and require effort to remove. You'll find the steel itself will be just fine once you remove the gunk stuck to it.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:10 pm
You're using too high a heat. Lower the heat and look for pots with a thicker bottom. The Uniware stainless pots on Amazon are very inexpensive, and probably are very thin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics