Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How to change internal room to look like a succah

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:31 am
We have an internal Sukkah. This means that the table we eat on every weekday becomes our table in the Sukkah.

I always tell DH that I would like to do something to make my kitchen table and the walls in the kitchen look more like a sukkah which is not a permanent structure and is put up for Succos.

I would appreciate any ideas.
TIA

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:35 am
I would hang lots of beautiful decorations from the schach. And use a fun printed tablecloth with leafy/branchy/flowery/bee print.

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:35 am
How does that work?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:36 am
amother Grape wrote:
How does that work?

Retractable skylight I'm assuming

SG18

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:37 am
Hang up garlands, your kids' projects, pictures of gedolim, hanging decorations from the schach

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:56 am
Personally, we try to make our sukka look like a room in the house (paint, wallpaper, framed pics, etc) but if you want your room to ‘look like a sukka’ Amazon has some cute sukkos print tablecloths and you could hang decorations, lights, etc.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 11:06 am
For Pesach, we hang large murals in our dining room with scenes of mitzrayim, yam suf (which are actually really cool shower curtains but you'd never know). If I had an internal sukka id try and can find ones with Shiva Minim, trees, fall theme, or whatever else and create a whole "new room" so that it feels like a sukka.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:09 pm
I have the same and I want to buy material to hang over the wall to make it look different, then hang stuff from it. Also paper chains strung along the ceiling and kids crafts will make it look better.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 5:14 pm
OP Whitesmoke,

To use material is a good idea Could I buy it from Amazon and if yes, what would I call the kind of material.

abound

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 5:54 pm
Just go to a material store and get large white sheets

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:09 am
amother OP wrote:
OP Whitesmoke,

To use material is a good idea Could I buy it from Amazon and if yes, what would I call the kind of material.

You could buy from amazon, just look for whatever color you want. I'm still not sure whether I want a pattern or just a plain color. I'll probably though just get white or black so the pictures will show up against it. I've seen people with a crushed velvet fabric or similar for a higher end look.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:47 am
Amazon has a beautiful kotel tapestry that you can hang. Made for sukkah I think but why not inside.

newmother

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:57 am
https://bargainboutiquedeals.c.....more/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics