Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which brand juicer do you like for juicing carrots?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:55 pm
These are the Good Housekeeping magazine's preferred juicers:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.c.....cers/

Three models cost under $200

Omega Cold Press 365 Juicer

Ninja Cold Press Pro

Amzchef Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor

Is anyone familiar with these, or can you recommend a juicer in this price range, that you love using?

tia

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 2:58 pm
Can I ask you why you juice?

What are the benefits?

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:00 pm
Omega is the best for vegetables.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:42 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Can I ask you why you juice?

What are the benefits?

Everything is n G-d's hands but I juice for energy and health benefits. I stopped for a while and Id like to resume.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:31 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Omega is the best for vegetables.

Theres 2 Omegas listed in the Good Housekeeping list. One is $149, one is $400.

Can the $149 be worthwhile?

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:40 pm
Why are you juicing carrots?

If for general health and you dont mind sharp blades, I recommend a centrifugal style one like breville makes. It is fast and you have a relitively easy clean up which makes it more likely for you to use regularly. This type is ideal for carrots, apples & beets.

If you specifically like something that retains higher value of juice properties, go for the single auger style like you linked but research these 3 things: ease of cleanup and that it doesn't need you to cut up the carrots much or has a hard time spefically with carrots and backs up a lot. This type does all fruits and veg decently.

I have now an omega single auger one which is easy on all 3 counts but if it was only carrots I would lean to centrifugal.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:55 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

If for general health and you dont mind sharp blades, I recommend a centrifugal style one like breville makes. It is fast and you have a relitively easy clean up which makes it more likely for you to use regularly. This type is ideal for carrots, apples & beets.

If you specifically like something that retains higher value of juice properties, go for the single auger style like you linked but research these 3 things: ease of cleanup and that it doesn't need you to cut up the carrots much or has a hard time spefically with carrots and backs up a lot. This type does all fruits and veg decently.

I have now an omega single auger one which is easy on all 3 counts but if it was only carrots I would lean to centrifugal.

Thanks.

I juice many fruits and veg. Ive had the Champion juicer for many years that I liked, but Im not sure they still make them.

Whats the all around best juicer for multiple fruits and veg, for under $200?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:01 pm
Does it have different nutritional properties than if you eat a large amount of fruits and vegetables? I feel like juicing is not filing and can be high in fructose.
I have a good appetite and always prefer to chew my food. I find it much more satisfying and I find the fiber to be both filling, help with lowering cholesterol, and aid in elimination.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 8:59 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Does it have different nutritional properties than if you eat a large amount of fruits and vegetables? I feel like juicing is not filing and can be high in fructose.
I have a good appetite and always prefer to chew my food. I find it much more satisfying and I find the fiber to be both filling, help with lowering cholesterol, and aid in elimination.

I got indoctrinated by a friend who swore by Dr Walker and his many books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....alker

I never studied it as well as her. So Im sort of a blind follower.

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 1:59 am
I have a little ninja - made for smoothies - and I've been very impressed by its motor and longevity

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:55 pm
Rappel wrote:
I have a little ninja - made for smoothies - and I've been very impressed by its motor and longevity

Which vegetables do you juice in it?

Is it hard to clean?

Do you happen to know which model you have?

Thanks.

relaxation

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 3:57 pm
I always used hamilton beach.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:35 am
amother Phlox wrote:

I'm looking for a juicer for beets only but I want a slow juicer, not a centrifugal one, where the nutritional value of the juice is higher (because it doesn't get heated up). Sounds like the one you have would be good for me. Can you please post a link?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:36 am
Rappel wrote:

Juicers and blenders are not the same thing.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 9:57 pm
bump

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:44 pm
OP, what did you end up getting?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics