Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Packing List if going to an Apartment in Israel

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 1:09 am
What would you take along with you if you are going to Israel for yom tov to an apartment. Looking to do less shopping when I get there

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:10 am
Are you talking food or bedding or toiletries or everything?
As was said on other threads, I wouldnt bring things that need refrigeration as you never know if your case will get lost or not and food being left in a suitcase that was lost or something, would not be good at all.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:20 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Are you talking food or bedding or toiletries or everything?
As was said on other threads, I wouldnt bring things that need refrigeration as you never know if your case will get lost or not and food being left in a suitcase that was lost or something, would not be good at all.

Not bedding
But what would you need to stay in an apartment that is way cheaper to take along?

chanchy123

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:46 am
amother OP wrote:
Not bedding
But what would you need to stay in an apartment that is way cheaper to take along?

Disposable dishes if you use them, a fairly recent tax has made them super expensive here.
The tax has not effected disposable tin pans but all paper and plastic goods.
I know when I’m on vacation I prefer to use paper and plastic ware.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:50 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Disposable dishes if you use them, a fairly recent tax has made them super expensive here.
The tax has not effected disposable tin pans but all paper and plastic goods.
I know when I’m on vacation I prefer to use paper and plastic ware.

Does this include tissues, plastic cutlery?

chanchy123

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 1:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Does this include tissues, plastic cutlery?

Tissues, napkins, paper towels etc. No, plastic cutlery yes.

Roots

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 1:29 pm
tissues no
plastic cutlery yes
also paper cups became expensive
other than that israel is missing nothing. you can find literally everything here

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:36 am
I'm here now, came from USA for Yom tov to an apt. It all depends on what the rentor is leaving out for you...mine left her pots pans basic baking cooking appliances linen and towels and enough shampoo soaps etc to start off.

Are you cooking? Hosting?

They have almost everything here it's just will be different than what you're used to not necessarily more expensive. Not even the paper goods!

Which hood are you staying in? Some groceries here accept delivery and they can have it by your door by time you arrive.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:51 am
amother Crocus wrote:
I'm here now, came from USA for Yom tov to an apt. It all depends on what the rentor is leaving out for you...mine left her pots pans basic baking cooking appliances linen and towels and enough shampoo soaps etc to start off.

Are you cooking? Hosting?

They have almost everything here it's just will be different than what you're used to not necessarily more expensive. Not even the paper goods!

Which hood are you staying in? Some groceries here accept delivery and they can have it by your door by time you arrive.

We are staying in Rechavia\ Sharei Chesed? Where did you get your groceries delivered from? What did they do with the dairy products?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:53 pm
Following
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics