Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
PSA Honey
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:33 pm
Us fda law is honey may be considered 100% pure with up to and less than 50% of it being other sugars. If your honey goes through china, who knows whats really in there.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:35 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
Yes, this is true! I am also on the SCD diet and it well known. Thank you for posting this.

Yup. People not on SCD are always shocked when I tell them that im not able to trust US ingredient laws, for all foods. So much easier in Europe, where they have to write every single thing.

I once called an apple chips company that only had apples listed in the ingredients, and said all over the package "only 1 ingredient, 100% apples only". The rep insisted over and over "there are NO other ingredients". When I pressed her about "processing aides" she admitted that theres also sunflower oil. Not a problem for my daughter, but anyone with an allergy has a serious issue.

US laws are ridiculous.

The reason we all know about the honey, is because honey is basically the only sweetener allowed on the SCD diet, and any newbie just starting out will be warned they need to verify each company individually. The SCD facebook groups and doctors knowledgable will immediately caution about the honey issue, as well as all other foods.

mizle10

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 1:03 pm
I feel so sad for people who feel the need to stress about things like this.

May Hashem grant you a year of menucha and good health.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 1:15 pm
mizle10 wrote:
I feel so sad for people who feel the need to stress about things like this.

May Hashem grant you a year of menucha and good health.

Some people can not have corn syrup. Some people would rather not have corn syrup. OP is not "feeling a need to stress", she is nicely warning people (who, by the looks of this thread, are 99% misinformed) about something they may easily be grateful to learn about.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:49 pm
Thank you for this PSA.
I did not know this and I rely A LOT on regular store-bought honey since raw honey (though ideal) is way more expensive.

I appreciate that you listed which companies are ok. Those are the ones we usually use.
Do you trust the representative at the companies you spoke to that they said/know the truth about their products?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics