Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
How to hang decorations- canvas succah

Hashemlovesme1

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:40 am
How do you hang posters or all the kids’ projects on the walls of a canvas (or ease lock style) succah? Looking for ideas.
Thanks!

ETA I don’t like safety pins because it makes holes in the canvas.
I can’t do magnets on both sides of canvas, because the succah is on a high porch and I can’t access the outside of the canvas for other side of magnet!

Last edited by Hashemlovesme1 on Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:49 am
We cable tie wcerything to the wooden beams holding the schach.

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:54 am
It was hard when we had that kind of sukkah growing up. We had to tie everything to poles/schach beams.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:03 am
Not sure if I can explain this clearly
But I get a pretty ribbon or twine and hang.it tightly across the walls of the Sukkah and tie it to each beam
I usually tie 2 about a foot apart
And then I hole punch my decorations and tie on to the ribbon and space them nicely
Kind of like clothes line stlye
It ends up looking very pretty

Hashemlovesme1

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:10 am
amother Rose wrote:
Not sure if I can explain this clearly
But I get a pretty ribbon or twine and hang.it tightly across the walls of the Sukkah and tie it to each beam
I usually tie 2 about a foot apart
And then I hole punch my decorations and tie on to the ribbon and space them nicely
Kind of like clothes line stlye
It ends up looking very pretty

Sounds pretty! But how do you tie it tight enough that it doesn’t slide down? If it’s tied to a smooth pole, doesn’t it fall eventually?

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 8:17 am
We use the white wire that the kids use for jump rope. Goes around the whole succah tide tightly around each beam. I do two rows, one higher than the other. Then I attach each picture… with the binder clips. We buy plain silver so it looks prettier.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 9:51 am
Hashemlovesme1 wrote:
Sounds pretty! But how do you tie it tight enough that it doesn’t slide down? If it’s tied to a smooth pole, doesn’t it fall eventually?
good question I think I put duck tape under where I tied to create a.bump for it to sit on so.it wouldn't slide

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 11:20 am
Buy a large roll of pretty matching ribbon. Hang from the beams. Hole punch corners of posters and kid's projects, run satin ribbon through, and hang things from the frame of the sukkah in a pretty fashion.

Hang garlands from beams with zip ties or large twist ties.

If it's real canvas and not the plasticy type, safety pins (but if it's vinyl or shiny fabric, pins will leave holes).

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 6:03 pm
Magnetic clips on the metal beams

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 6:32 pm
I use the gun with clothing tag things. It pokes a hole through the poster and through the canvas. It hangs a little, and most need a few tags to hold up

amother
Bluebell

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 7:27 pm
We don't hang anything on the walls. We use fishing line to hang things from the schach and the cross bars at the top. We also have hanging fruit on heavy metal wires that can be twisted and hung over the top bars, vines that I twist around the middle bars on the sides of the sukkah, and also vines from Israel that come with mini magnets. They "clip" onto the side bars of the sukkah on each of the 4 sides.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 4:14 pm
Thank you everyone! Great ideas!

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 8:16 pm
we use heavy double stick tape https://a.co/d/bg2AMtz the 1 inch wide.

we are using it successfully for 2-3 years. it all held up nicely, in fact, we learned to put a smaller piece of tape so it's easier to remove after succos.

it never left any residue, it peels off nicely.

mamalah

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:11 pm
how heavy are the decorations you hang w double sided tape?

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:42 pm
didn't try anything heavy just posters... Oh yeah pearler beads (oishpeezen, kid worked hard for it) it held up.

heavier or bulkier we didn't try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics