Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
For those who change their linens weekly - Poll Added!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

How often do you change your linens, and who does it?
Once a week - on my own  
 5%  [ 12 ]
Once a week - my cleaning help  
 19%  [ 40 ]
Once a week - my husband/someone else  
 0%  [ 2 ]
Every other week - on my own  
 14%  [ 29 ]
Every other week - my cleaning help  
 19%  [ 39 ]
Every other week - my husband/someone else  
 1%  [ 4 ]
Once a month  
 15%  [ 31 ]
Whenever I get to it...  
 23%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 204

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:44 am
Edited: Poll added!

My question is - why?

I'm a very clean person, my house is mostly clean, (messes within normal for a busy family) we take showers regularly, I bathe my children, they brush their teeth, we always have clean laundry... But the linens thing I just don't get - why is it necessary so often? Am I gross that I don't see the need?

Another question - do all those who change weekly have lots of cleaning help? Who has time to change numerous beds every week?

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:49 am
The cleaning lady does it. People drool, sweat, get their germs all over it... we spend a lot of hours in it every night, I think it needs to be changed weekly.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:54 am
You mean, there are people who don't?!?!

I'm kidding amother OP
I'm with you.

I change linens once a month.
I wonder how unique I am here with this....

We go to bed clean.
Life is hectic.
We're all ok bh.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:57 am
I'm with you

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:58 am
I grew up with linen changed once a week. Yes, my mother had help. I dont do it now, but I'm not proud of it. There's nothing like going to sleep on clean linen... and I have cheap linen. You change your clothing every day, don't you?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:58 am
amother Leaf wrote:
You mean, there are people who don't?!?!

I'm kidding amother OP
I'm with you.

I change linens once a month.
I wonder how unique I am here with this....

We go to bed clean.
Life is hectic.
We're all ok bh.

Thank you!
You made my night!
Gonna head to bed now (yikes, won't tell how fresh, or unfresh, my sheets are...)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:01 am
amother Tulip wrote:
I grew up with linen changed once a week. Yes, my mother had help. I dont do it now, but I'm not proud of it. There's something like going to sleep on clean linen... and I have cheap linen. You change your clothing every day, don't you?

For sure, there's nothing like a fresh bed, but how often can you have that?
I honestly have no idea how often my mother did it, but I grew up with full time help. Now I'm lucky if I get a few hours a week.
I most definitely change my clothing - but I also go to sleep wearing something, so I'm not "wearing" my linens!

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:06 am
When we have help it gets done, and when we don’t, we do only as needed.
Even if it’s ideal, you are only one person.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:29 am
Please watch ocd cleaners. Sometimes the hoarder person doesn't change the bedding for a month or more. The clean person explains what's on the bed sheets, body fluids, skin cells, hair, dust mites etc. And some people take an ultra violet wand and you can see things that the naked eye can't.

I definitely change once a week. Bh my cleaner does it for me. Nothing like going to bed in clean sheets.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:36 am
I wonder how many women who don't have cleaning help (or only have limited cleaning help) do it that often if they work outside the home.
I mean I would love to be able to get to it, but there is plenty of other stuff I need to get to first.

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 4:58 am
I try to just change the sheets and the top pillow case once a week. The duvet covers and the other pillow cases get washed every month. I feel icky when my sheets haven't been washed in over a week. I sweat a lot and it just feels gross to me personally.

SG18

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 5:15 am
I change pillowcases once a week and sheets once every other week

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 5:18 am
We change every week and it’s my husband’s job. It needs to be fresh or I couldn’t get in after a shower. Maybe if you shower in the morning it’s different.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 5:26 am
When the kids were little I changed weekly on average (sometimes more often as needed). There were more accidents, leaky diapers, runny noses on pillow cases, etc, etc, etc. So, yes, weekly on average.

Nowadays I wish I had time to do it that often, but it's not going to happen ;-)
I make a point of changing everything when someone's been sick, as in wash everything once they're healthy again, but other than that it's not as often as I'd like.

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:28 am
I work full time. I don't have cleaning help. I rarely change the linen.

I'm not bold enough to post under my sn because in society it's embarrassing but between me, myself and the lampost, I'm still proud of the job that I do to hold my house together. B"H, the absence of freshly laundered sheets doesn't seem to impact our health.

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:32 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I wonder how many women who don't have cleaning help (or only have limited cleaning help) do it that often if they work outside the home.
I mean I would love to be able to get to it, but there is plenty of other stuff I need to get to first.

No cleaning help at all. BH work full time. Linens are changed even 2-4 weeks

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:55 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
I work full time. I don't have cleaning help. I rarely change the linen.

I'm not bold enough to post under my sn because in society it's embarrassing but between me, myself and the lampost, I'm still proud of the job that I do to hold my house together. B"H, the absence of freshly laundered sheets doesn't seem to impact our health.

Same

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 7:02 am
I definitely change weekly or I feel so not fresh!
The bedding goes into the washing machine, dryer and then straight back on the beds. I usually do it myself - I have very little cleaning help
For the kids, I do it more like biweekly or more if needed.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 7:15 am
I would love to change linen weekly but I can't because of time. I don't have outside help.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 7:20 am
Ours are changed weekly. Now. I have a clean lady doing that. However, I did not have a cleaning lady for a very long time and we made sure to do it every week.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics