Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Hyper kids

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 8:16 pm
How do I manage?
We had my niece over for Shabbos. She was super we behaved but my kids were insanely hyper having her over. I can’t take it.

salt

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 2:01 am
How old is the niece and your kids.
Are they old enough that they can be warned in advance that if there's too much wild play, she won't be invited again?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:15 am
I find my kids often go really hyper when we have guests over. I find sending them off to play or giving them time to show off their work so they're getting the attention sometimes works.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:21 am
Are they usually hyper or was this just because they were excited to have their cousin for shabbos? If they are generally hyper children then you may need to just resign yourself to this being the way your children are and/or having them evaluated for ADHD of you think it's impairing their ability to function.
If it was because of her visit then next time you can speak to them before the visit about how you know they are excited but they need to be able to maintain at least a certain level of calm if they want their cousin to be able to keep coming for visits.
Also, if her visits are a regular occurrence the excitement will eventually wear off and they won't be as hyper when she comes. If it's a rare occasion thing then it might be worth just dealing with for a shabbos here and there in order for your kids to enjoy time with their cousin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics