Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Holistic dentist in NYC- Dr Lewis Gross

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 8:36 pm
Hi
I am trying to research a functional or integrative dentist who uses a more natural approach than just being quick to do a root canal
I found Holistic-Dentists.com Dr Lewis Gross DDS anyone uses him or is familiar with his work?
Anyone has a different dentist who has a more natural approach that they can recommend?
TIA

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:23 pm
Bumping up

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:25 pm
What area are you looking for?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:26 pm
I've heard he isnt so holistic at the end of the day. Many holistic dentists won't even do root canals. They will either save the tooth or pull it. It depends how "holistic" you are looking for

4health

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 11:45 pm
Op here
Looking in the area of Brooklyn or Manhattan

I want to save the tooth and this dentist has a technique to try to save the tooth.

I would like information about this or any other natural dentist that someone here personally used and is happy with their work

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 12:06 am
The top 2 that I’ve heard is in New Jersey and Long Island, respectively. If you’re interested I can tell you who those are.

4health

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 12:33 am
Yes I would appreciate that
Thanks

quinny

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 10:19 am
I'm very happy with Dr Winick he's in Manhattan.
Not sure what approach he uses for root canal.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 12:01 pm
You can message blodgett dental care and ask for recommendations they are top of the line for holistic dentists

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:58 am
Bumping this up. Did you use Dr. Lewis Gross? I’m in the same situation now. Can you please advise me

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:03 pm
What do you mean by "saving the tooth"?

A root canal saves the tooth literally and is done when the tooth has become so decayed that the roots of the tooth are infected.

After the root canal the tooth is either filled or if the decay was extensive you get a crown. The tooth is saved and if done properly will last a long time - even a lifetime.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:24 pm
Amarante wrote:
What do you mean by "saving the tooth"?

A root canal saves the tooth literally and is done when the tooth has become so decayed that the roots of the tooth are infected.

After the root canal the tooth is either filled or if the decay was extensive you get a crown. The tooth is saved and if done properly will last a long time - even a lifetime.
With a root canal you save the shell of the tooth but not the root, so essentially you have a dead organ embalmed in your living body which becomes a receptacle for tremendous amounts of bacteria to colonize.

Saving the tooth means doing everything you can not to have to kill the tooth. Like removing as much of the decay as possible and treating the infection aggressively with antimicrobials, ozone, etc.

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:27 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
With a root canal you save the shell of the tooth but not the root, so essentially you have a dead organ embalmed in your living body which becomes a receptacle for tremendous amounts of bacteria to colonize.

Saving the tooth means doing everything you can not to have to kill the tooth. Like removing as much of the decay as possible and treating the infection aggressively with antimicrobials, ozone, etc.

I have had multiple root canals and never had an infection or problem stemming from the root canal.

In my experience my dentists have not recommended root canals willy nilly but when the tooth is beyond salvaging because there is too much decay.

Saving the tooth to me means not pulling it which is done generally because people can't afford root canals and the subsequent expensive restoration.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:32 pm
Amarante wrote:
I have had multiple root canals and never had an infection or problem stemming from the root canal.

In my experience my dentists have not recommended root canals willy nilly but when the tooth is beyond salvaging because there is too much decay.

Saving the tooth to me means not pulling it which is done generally because people can't afford root canals and the subsequent expensive restoration.
Some people never develop issues from their root canals.

A percentage of root canals get reinfected leading to a whole host of problems.

Another percentage will have low level inflammation or subacute infection that can go on for years unnoticed and contribute to chronic health issues.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....1489/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries